VH1 Bringing Back 'Pop Up Video'
By AOL TV Editors Posted May 25th 2011 05:48PM
We'll now have 60 more half-hour episodes from which to glean funny tidbits of information about music videos. This time, though, the show will also skewer hip hop and rap, which the original version steered clear from so as not to step on sister network MTV's toes. The new series will debut in the fall, nearly a decade after the original version went off the air.
The show's co-creator Woody Thompson said "I have sat on the sidelines for the last decade and watched as everyone and the brother has ripped off 'Pop Up' in some way or another with the internet coming out of nowhere and Twitter being hauntingly familiar and all of these devices that are using snarky, pithy text."
Frankly, he's right. In the age of social networking, where an increasing amount of information is packaged in 140 characters or less, we're surprised this didn't happen sooner. But beggars can't be choosers -- let's watch this vintage pop up video and rejoice in the show's return together.
Get more at TV Squad >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Long lines start early as Comic-Con floor opens and dedicated fans queue up for coveted toys
- Dolly Parton on how God helps her stick to her country roots
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Shia LaBeouf in Court: Life Isn't a ?Cabaret' -- No Resolution Yet
- New Details: Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux's Beach Chic Wedding Plans
- Report: Robin Thicke Is Admitting Defeat in Battle to Save His Marriage
- Queen Elizabeth II Photobombs a Selfie at the Commonwealth Games: See the Amazing Picture
- Erin Heatherton Goes Topless on a Horse, Rides a Horse Bareback for Buffalo David Bitton Campaign With Eric Decker
- Kim Kardashian Calls Khloe Kardashian a "Miserable Person" After Selfies Diss on Keeping Up With the Kardashians