VH1 Bringing Back 'Pop Up Video'
By AOL TV Editors Posted May 25th 2011 05:48PM
We'll now have 60 more half-hour episodes from which to glean funny tidbits of information about music videos. This time, though, the show will also skewer hip hop and rap, which the original version steered clear from so as not to step on sister network MTV's toes. The new series will debut in the fall, nearly a decade after the original version went off the air.
The show's co-creator Woody Thompson said "I have sat on the sidelines for the last decade and watched as everyone and the brother has ripped off 'Pop Up' in some way or another with the internet coming out of nowhere and Twitter being hauntingly familiar and all of these devices that are using snarky, pithy text."
Frankly, he's right. In the age of social networking, where an increasing amount of information is packaged in 140 characters or less, we're surprised this didn't happen sooner. But beggars can't be choosers -- let's watch this vintage pop up video and rejoice in the show's return together.
Get more at TV Squad >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Blake Shelton to make movie debut in Adam Sandler Western spoof
- Supermodel Bar Refaeli getting hitched?
- Former 'Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta' star Benzino arrested at airport for having loaded gun in bag
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- Celebrity Feud: Brandi Glanville Calls Kenya Moore ?Frightening,' Kenya Fires Back
- Extreme Beauty! Farrah Abraham Wants What Kind of Implants?
- Chris Pratt as the Next Indiana Jones? It Could Totally Work If He Wants It
- Julianne Moore Stopped Believing in God After Her Mother's Death