VH1 Bringing Back 'Pop Up Video'
By AOL TV Editors Posted May 25th 2011 05:48PM
We'll now have 60 more half-hour episodes from which to glean funny tidbits of information about music videos. This time, though, the show will also skewer hip hop and rap, which the original version steered clear from so as not to step on sister network MTV's toes. The new series will debut in the fall, nearly a decade after the original version went off the air.
The show's co-creator Woody Thompson said "I have sat on the sidelines for the last decade and watched as everyone and the brother has ripped off 'Pop Up' in some way or another with the internet coming out of nowhere and Twitter being hauntingly familiar and all of these devices that are using snarky, pithy text."
Frankly, he's right. In the age of social networking, where an increasing amount of information is packaged in 140 characters or less, we're surprised this didn't happen sooner. But beggars can't be choosers -- let's watch this vintage pop up video and rejoice in the show's return together.
Get more at TV Squad >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- David Hasselhoff reportedly being wooed for 'Celebrity Apprentice'
- Henry Winker calls Kim Kardahian 'charming and warm'
- Khloe Kardashian jokes about having sex with O.J. Simpson
- Jennifer Lawrence's best friend wrote a behind-the-scenes account of Oscars night
- James Franco reflects on Broadway debut: ?I have a good life'
- ?Book of Mormon' musical headed to Utah in 2015
- Denise Richards on How She Keeps Looking Fabulous at 43
- Win It! Manito Linens Silk Pillow, Tibolli Hair Care Set from Indie Spirit Awards Gift Lounge
- Back On? Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez Spotted Together in Texas
- Andrew Garfield and Batkid: Make-A-Wish Spokesperson Says the Actor and Young Boy Had a "Great Time" at Disneyland
- Blake Anderson, Workaholics Star, Welcomes Baby Girl Mars Ilah With Wife Rachael Finley
- Miley Cyrus Pouts Her Way Through the Marc Jacobs Spring 2014 Ad Campaign: New Pictures