VH1 Bringing Back 'Pop Up Video'
By AOL TV Editors Posted May 25th 2011 05:48PM
We'll now have 60 more half-hour episodes from which to glean funny tidbits of information about music videos. This time, though, the show will also skewer hip hop and rap, which the original version steered clear from so as not to step on sister network MTV's toes. The new series will debut in the fall, nearly a decade after the original version went off the air.
The show's co-creator Woody Thompson said "I have sat on the sidelines for the last decade and watched as everyone and the brother has ripped off 'Pop Up' in some way or another with the internet coming out of nowhere and Twitter being hauntingly familiar and all of these devices that are using snarky, pithy text."
Frankly, he's right. In the age of social networking, where an increasing amount of information is packaged in 140 characters or less, we're surprised this didn't happen sooner. But beggars can't be choosers -- let's watch this vintage pop up video and rejoice in the show's return together.
Get more at TV Squad >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Star Trek fans 'Spock' Canadian $5 bill to honor late Leonard Nimoy
- Kelly Clarkson finally nabs a duet partner: Jimmy Fallon
- ?NBC Nightly News' wins February sweep despite Brian Williams suspension
- Extra Scoop: Kate Plus Hate -- Kate Gosselin Takes on Critics in New Video
- Demi Lovato Sets Record Straight on Health Scare
- Hilary Duff on Marriage, Divorce? and Aaron Carter
- Bruce Jenner Purchases $3.6 Million Secluded Malibu Mansion ? Get All the Details
- Amber Portwood: Matt Baier Engagement Is "Completely Different" From Tumultuous Past With Gary Shirley
- Wiz Khalifa Seemingly Bashes Estranged Wife Amber Rose in New Song "For Everybody" -- Listen Here