VH1 Bringing Back 'Pop Up Video'
By AOL TV Editors Posted May 25th 2011 05:48PM
We'll now have 60 more half-hour episodes from which to glean funny tidbits of information about music videos. This time, though, the show will also skewer hip hop and rap, which the original version steered clear from so as not to step on sister network MTV's toes. The new series will debut in the fall, nearly a decade after the original version went off the air.
The show's co-creator Woody Thompson said "I have sat on the sidelines for the last decade and watched as everyone and the brother has ripped off 'Pop Up' in some way or another with the internet coming out of nowhere and Twitter being hauntingly familiar and all of these devices that are using snarky, pithy text."
Frankly, he's right. In the age of social networking, where an increasing amount of information is packaged in 140 characters or less, we're surprised this didn't happen sooner. But beggars can't be choosers -- let's watch this vintage pop up video and rejoice in the show's return together.
Get more at TV Squad >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Gene Simmons to women: Stop depending on men
- Jim Parsons to star in NBC's ?Elf' animated holiday special
- FOX411's pic of the day
- ?Constantine' star Matt Ryan is a super binge watcher
- Entertainment Geekly: How ?The Walking Dead' is ?Lord of the Rings'
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch try to walk like Beyonce
- ?Sons of Guns' Stars Arrested for Alleged Child Cruelty
- Bed Hopping, Backstabbing and More Drama in Store for 'General Hospital'!
- Harold Perrineau Joins the DC Universe as a Never-Before-Seen Character in 'Constantine'
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Spill on "Most Intense" Fifth Season: Drama, New Friendships
- Taylor Swift's 1989 Album Leaks, Fans Freak Out on Twitter But Stay Loyal to Superstar -- Read the Funny Tweets Here
- Rumer Willis: Photoshopping Me to Appear Thinner in Lookbook Was "F---ed Up," "Unacceptable"