Disney Withdraws 'SEAL Team 6' Trademark Bid
By Kelly Fisher Posted May 26th 2011 07:46AM
According to E! Online, Disney wanted to trademark the team's name to use in a future war-based television series, and turned in the necessary paperwork just two days after the mission. However, it turns out the Navy wasn't too happy with Disney's plans.
According to the Wall Street Journal, the Navy responded to Disney's actions by filing their own trademark paper for the terms 'SEAL Team' and 'Navy SEALs' on May 13 in order to protect itself.
The Navy claimed in the filing that the phrases denote "membership in an organization of the Department of the Navy that develops and executes military missions involving special operations strategy, doctrine, and tactics."
Disney officials said they withdrew their trademark paperwork in deference to the Navy.
"We are fully committed to protecting our trademark rights," Commander Danny Hernandez, the chief Navy spokesman, said in statement on Wednesday.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Reese Witherspoon keeps her hands in her pockets as she tries to stay warm while out in New York City on January 3rd.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Taylor Swift Stops Traffic on Hollywood Boulevard, Performs Late-Night Gig
- Pippa Middleton Shares Her Diet and Workout Secrets, Reveals How She Got Her Famous Backside in Shape
- Brad Pitt Does Hilarious Between Two Ferns Interview With Zach Galifianakis; Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Future In Jeopardy Amid Sex Offender Report: Top 5 Stories
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- CBS cuts 'CSI' season short
- Pretty stars who go gritty on film
- Trisha Yearwood set to appear on 'Nashville' during faux CMA awards
- ABC Just Ordered More Episodes for 7 Shows—Which Dramas and Comedies Scored Longer Seasons?
- Who's the Boss? Reunion! Tony Danza and Judith Light Come Together at Broadway Opening of Disgraced
- Mama June Apparently Hasn't Dated Mark McDaniel for 10 Years; Son Insists McDaniel Was Wrongly Convicted of Molestation