Disney Withdraws 'SEAL Team 6' Trademark Bid
By Kelly Fisher Posted May 26th 2011 07:46AM
According to E! Online, Disney wanted to trademark the team's name to use in a future war-based television series, and turned in the necessary paperwork just two days after the mission. However, it turns out the Navy wasn't too happy with Disney's plans.
According to the Wall Street Journal, the Navy responded to Disney's actions by filing their own trademark paper for the terms 'SEAL Team' and 'Navy SEALs' on May 13 in order to protect itself.
The Navy claimed in the filing that the phrases denote "membership in an organization of the Department of the Navy that develops and executes military missions involving special operations strategy, doctrine, and tactics."
Disney officials said they withdrew their trademark paperwork in deference to the Navy.
"We are fully committed to protecting our trademark rights," Commander Danny Hernandez, the chief Navy spokesman, said in statement on Wednesday.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Reese Witherspoon keeps her hands in her pockets as she tries to stay warm while out in New York City on January 3rd.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Wendy Williams: 25 Things You Don't Know About Me
- Original Sound of Music Star Slams Carrie Underwood, Olympian Bode Miller Opens Up About "Brutal" Custody Battle for Son: Top 5 Stories
- Drew Barrymore Teases Baby's Gender With Blue and Pink Nails: See the Picture of Her Manicure
- Utah Doctor Martin MacNeill Attempts Suicide With Jail Razor After Being Convicted Of His Wife’s Murder
- Heidi Klum retiring from lingerie runway
- Jay Z leads Grammy nominations with 9
- Actors who played real people
- 2014 Grammy Awards Nominations: Justin Timberlake, Daft Punk, Kendrick Lamar, Taylor Swift, Robin Thicke & Lorde Rise, but Jay Z Rules
- 2014 Grammy Awards: The Complete List of Nominees!
- Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi Create Kim Kardashian and Kanye West-Inspired Christmas Card—Take a Look!