Insider: Expect an 'Oprah' Return if OWN Needs a Lift
By Rob Shuter Posted May 26th 2011 05:30PM
"I won't say goodbye. I'll just say, Until we meet again."
With those final words, the era of 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' came to end Wednesday, but just as she said, don't expect the Queen of Daytime to go away. Sources tell me this most definitely is not the end, but rather the beginning of Oprah.
"She is going to dedicate herself to her new network and do whatever needs to be done to make sure it's a huge hit," a co-worker of Oprah's tells me. "If this means bringing her own show back to life on her network then she will. I can't imagine that she won't be back on the air before the end of the year."
Oprah's network has been struggling in the ratings since it debuted in the new year, with many arguing it hit the airways too soon and not aggressively enough. However, now that changes have been made in the management team and now that Oprah herself will be running the day-to-day operations, expect big changes.
"This last hour is really about me saying thank you. It is my love letter to you. I want to leave you all with the lessons that have been the anchor for my life and the ones that I hold most precious," she said, but now insiders are telling me the guru is already thinking about what she will say on her OWN debut.
"It would be impossible for Oprah to stay behind the scenes. That's like asking Lady Gaga to get off the stage and manage her backing band," an insider laughs. "TV is in her blood, it's in her DNA. Plus let's face it, her network could use a hit and she has access to the biggest TV star in the world -- herself."
Until then, Oprah will have some time on her hands and since she gave out her e-mail address -- email@example.com -- a lot people to answer. Here's what I got back yesterday evening when asking for comment:
Got your email.
Thank you for watching the finale. I could feel your beating hearts, along with mine, through the TV screen.
I'm off to take a little rest, and then I'll get busy working on OWN.
Take care of yourself.
I'll write soon,
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
MORE ABOUT Oprah Winfrey
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Oprah Winfrey Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- iHeartRadio Music Awards 2015: Winners List
- Keeping Up with the Kardashians Recap: Kim and Khloe Finally Learn What Scott Disick Does For a Living
- Taylor Swift Lives the Dream, Performs With Madonna at iHeartRadio Awards 2015
- ?Daily Show': Trevor Noah emerges on short list to replace Jon Stewart
- 'Home' scores big at the box office
- Tracey Ullman's mother dies in house fire at 85
- Kim Kardashian Takes North West and Her BFF on a Precious Easter Egg Hunt—See the Adorable Pics!
- The Walking Dead's Incredible Season Five Finale Nearly Killed Us – Find Out What Went Down!
- Taylor Swift Can't Stop Dancing With Justin Timberlake and More Must-See iHeartRadio Music Awards Moments