Faith Evans Files for Divorce From Husband Todd Rusawa
By Boombox Editors Posted May 27th 2011 01:10AM
According to the former couple, the split was amicable. In a joint statement released by Evans and Rusawa, the two stated that despite their break-up, raising their children remain their first priority.
"The dissolution of a marriage is a difficult time in anyone's life," read the statement. "However, after a great deal of thought and careful consideration, we have come to the decision to end our marriage together.
"We will both remain committed to parenting our children and will also continue to support each other's professional endeavors. We consider this a private matter and we will not make any further statement regarding the matter. We would appreciate the press respecting the privacy of our family, particularly our children, as we attempt to handle our situation with respect and dignity."
According to court paperwork, the 37-year-old entertainer is seeking joint legal and sole physical custody of their two sons, Joshua, 12, and, Ryder, 4. The paperwork also states that the former couple has been separated since 2005.
Evans married Rusawa not long after the death of her first husband, Notorious B.I.G., in 1998. Her short-lived marriage to the slain rapper resulted in a son, Christopher Wallace Jr., who is 14 and recently starred alongside Will Ferrell in the feature film 'Everything Must Go.'
Evans' last album was 2010's 'Something About Faith,' which earned her a Best Female R&B Vocal Performance nomination for the single 'Gone Already' at the 2011 Grammys.
Get more at The BoomBox >>
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Vogue sued for Kim Kardashian/Kanye West photo shoot video
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Prince and Warner Music make up after epic legal battle
- ?Devious Maids': Five ideas for plot twists this season
- ?Parks and Recreation' and babies: What will happen to the show?
- The 20 Best Summer Blockbusters of All Time: ?Ghostbusters'
- Extra Scoop: 5 Biggest Reveals from the ?Scandal' Season 3 Finale and More!
- Kim Novak Fires Back at Oscar 'Bullies' Who Made Fun of Her Face
- The Beckhams' Sexy Getaway in? Utah? See the Pics!
- Cate Blanchett's Stylist Elizabeth Stewart Shares Her Secrets to Wearing Any Look
- Enrique Iglesias' Father Julio Iglesias Has Never Met Girlfriend Anna Kournikova After 12 Years of Dating
- Kirsten Dunst on Whether She's Ever Slept WIth Directors: "I Don't Give Off That Vibe"