Faith Evans Files for Divorce From Husband Todd Rusawa
By Boombox Editors Posted May 27th 2011 01:10AM
According to the former couple, the split was amicable. In a joint statement released by Evans and Rusawa, the two stated that despite their break-up, raising their children remain their first priority.
"The dissolution of a marriage is a difficult time in anyone's life," read the statement. "However, after a great deal of thought and careful consideration, we have come to the decision to end our marriage together.
"We will both remain committed to parenting our children and will also continue to support each other's professional endeavors. We consider this a private matter and we will not make any further statement regarding the matter. We would appreciate the press respecting the privacy of our family, particularly our children, as we attempt to handle our situation with respect and dignity."
According to court paperwork, the 37-year-old entertainer is seeking joint legal and sole physical custody of their two sons, Joshua, 12, and, Ryder, 4. The paperwork also states that the former couple has been separated since 2005.
Evans married Rusawa not long after the death of her first husband, Notorious B.I.G., in 1998. Her short-lived marriage to the slain rapper resulted in a son, Christopher Wallace Jr., who is 14 and recently starred alongside Will Ferrell in the feature film 'Everything Must Go.'
Evans' last album was 2010's 'Something About Faith,' which earned her a Best Female R&B Vocal Performance nomination for the single 'Gone Already' at the 2011 Grammys.
Get more at The BoomBox >>
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- ?Daily Show': Trevor Noah emerges on short list to replace Jon Stewart
- 'Home' scores big at the box office
- Tracey Ullman's mother dies in house fire at 85
- Shocking Performance! Madonna & Taylor Swift Surprise iHeartRadio Fans
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Finale Recap!
- What a Cutie! Carrie Underwood Shares First Photo of Her Baby Boy
- Kim Kardashian Takes North West and Pal Easter Egg Hunting on the Farm: Cute Pictures
- Rihanna Kills It At the iHeartRadio Awards, Performs New Track "Bitch Better Have My Money" In Shortest Dress Ever ? Watch!
- Taylor Swift Gushes Over Gina Rodriguez, Gets Lost Onstage At the iHeartRadio Awards ? Watch the Funny Clip Here