Report: Christopher Knight and Adrianne Curry Have Separated
By Christo Varghese Posted May 30th 2011 04:10AM
Hollyscoop.com is reporting that the couple's manager, Phil Viardo, confirmed the news of the separation on May 29, the day the couple celebrated their five-year wedding anniversary.
Viardo said, "Actor Christopher Knight and his wife, model and television star Adrianne Curry have announced today on their five-year wedding anniversary that they are separating."
He also released a joint statement from the couple which said, "After starting a relationship with what seemed to be irreconcilable differences, the couple has reached a period where those differences are no longer appreciated. The decision was mutually reached after it became clear to both that some perspective was needed in order to assess their unique union. Not unlike all marriages, work must be put in."
The statement continues, "Obvious to both Knight and Curry was that their marriage would require more effort then a garden-variety relationship. They are taking time to see if they want to continue to put in that extraordinary effort. The couple has mutually determined that they are at a place where moving forward will require a step back. They still love one another but need some distance to consider their future."
The couple have also asked their fans and media to respect their privacy during "this delicate period."
However, on Curry's Twitter page, she wrote a message on the five-year anniversary and did not give any indication that the couple have split, "May 29th, 2006 I married Christopher Anton Knight. Enjoy your weekend! I certainly am!!!"
Knight, 53, is best known for his role as Peter Brady in the hit TV show 'The Brady Bunch.' He met former 'America's Next Top Model' contestant Curry, 28, on the VH1 reality series 'The Surreal Life.'
The show led to a spin-off series called 'My Fair Brady' which documented the couple's engagement and wedding.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Here Comes Honey Boo Boo's Mama June, Sugar Bear Ditch Commitment Rings After Separation News: Pictures
- Kim Kardashian Nude Photos Leaked Online: Report
- Jimmy Fallon Surprised By Shirtless Seth Rogen, James Franco For 40th Birthday on The Tonight Show
- New Shocker: Bruce Jenner Appears To Wear Spanx For Golf Outing SEE The Jaw-Dropping Photos
- Kim's Worst Nightmare: Racy Naked Selfies Of Kardashian Leak Online
- Polly Bergen, versatile actress, singer dies at 84
- Report: Avril Lavigne and Nickelback's Chad Kroeger are splitting up
- Lady Gaga says she's 'very happy' and sober
- Kendall Jenner Is Unstoppable at Milan Fashion Week—See Her Latest Looks From the Runway!
- Melissa Rivers, Kelly Osbourne, Giuliana Rancic, and George Kotsiopoulos Remember Joan Rivers' Humor—Watch the Touching Clip!
- Jonny Drubel Loses His Temper After Woman Rudely Tells Him to Not Wear Lip Gloss—Watch the Outrageous #RichKids Clip!