Report: Christopher Knight and Adrianne Curry Have Separated
By Christo Varghese Posted May 30th 2011 04:10AM
Hollyscoop.com is reporting that the couple's manager, Phil Viardo, confirmed the news of the separation on May 29, the day the couple celebrated their five-year wedding anniversary.
Viardo said, "Actor Christopher Knight and his wife, model and television star Adrianne Curry have announced today on their five-year wedding anniversary that they are separating."
He also released a joint statement from the couple which said, "After starting a relationship with what seemed to be irreconcilable differences, the couple has reached a period where those differences are no longer appreciated. The decision was mutually reached after it became clear to both that some perspective was needed in order to assess their unique union. Not unlike all marriages, work must be put in."
The statement continues, "Obvious to both Knight and Curry was that their marriage would require more effort then a garden-variety relationship. They are taking time to see if they want to continue to put in that extraordinary effort. The couple has mutually determined that they are at a place where moving forward will require a step back. They still love one another but need some distance to consider their future."
The couple have also asked their fans and media to respect their privacy during "this delicate period."
However, on Curry's Twitter page, she wrote a message on the five-year anniversary and did not give any indication that the couple have split, "May 29th, 2006 I married Christopher Anton Knight. Enjoy your weekend! I certainly am!!!"
Knight, 53, is best known for his role as Peter Brady in the hit TV show 'The Brady Bunch.' He met former 'America's Next Top Model' contestant Curry, 28, on the VH1 reality series 'The Surreal Life.'
The show led to a spin-off series called 'My Fair Brady' which documented the couple's engagement and wedding.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Melissa Rivers Inherits Over $100 Million of Joan Rivers' Estate; Matthew McConaughey Hits Red Carpet With Adorable Kids: Top 5 Stories
- Jennifer Lopez Buys $22 Million New York City Apartment Next Door to Chelsea Clinton: Details
- Bewitched Reboot Scores NBC Deal: New Show Will Follow Samantha's Granddaughter Daphne
- Hank Baskett Caught Wearing Wedding Band While Grocery Shopping ? After Kendra Kicked Him To The Curb
- Jodi Arias Seeking Help From Admirers To Help Raise $250,000 For Appeals ? Has Already Raised $30,000
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Chrissy Teigen criticized for tweets on Ottawa shooting
- In defense of Renee Zellweger's face
- Tyga Disses Drake by Calling Him "Fake," Sets the Record Straight on Kylie Jenner Dating Rumors
- Sorry, Clown Club! AHS Introduces Yet Another Creepy Clown: Our Rants and Raves
- Elizabeth Hurley Gets in the Disney Spirit During Mother-Son London Outing—See the Pic!