Report: Christopher Knight and Adrianne Curry Have Separated
By Christo Varghese Posted May 30th 2011 04:10AM
Hollyscoop.com is reporting that the couple's manager, Phil Viardo, confirmed the news of the separation on May 29, the day the couple celebrated their five-year wedding anniversary.
Viardo said, "Actor Christopher Knight and his wife, model and television star Adrianne Curry have announced today on their five-year wedding anniversary that they are separating."
He also released a joint statement from the couple which said, "After starting a relationship with what seemed to be irreconcilable differences, the couple has reached a period where those differences are no longer appreciated. The decision was mutually reached after it became clear to both that some perspective was needed in order to assess their unique union. Not unlike all marriages, work must be put in."
The statement continues, "Obvious to both Knight and Curry was that their marriage would require more effort then a garden-variety relationship. They are taking time to see if they want to continue to put in that extraordinary effort. The couple has mutually determined that they are at a place where moving forward will require a step back. They still love one another but need some distance to consider their future."
The couple have also asked their fans and media to respect their privacy during "this delicate period."
However, on Curry's Twitter page, she wrote a message on the five-year anniversary and did not give any indication that the couple have split, "May 29th, 2006 I married Christopher Anton Knight. Enjoy your weekend! I certainly am!!!"
Knight, 53, is best known for his role as Peter Brady in the hit TV show 'The Brady Bunch.' He met former 'America's Next Top Model' contestant Curry, 28, on the VH1 reality series 'The Surreal Life.'
The show led to a spin-off series called 'My Fair Brady' which documented the couple's engagement and wedding.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Robert Ri'chard Compares Magic Mike and Chocolate City
- Jason Derulo: Jordin Sparks Split Is "So Behind Me"
- Sarah Stage Poses in Bikini Photo Shoot Five Weeks After Giving Birth, Looks Perfectly Fit: Photos
- '19 Kids and Counting' yanked from TLC's schedule
- 'Bachelorette' Kaitlyn Bristowe: 'Not ashamed' of having sex on the show
- Flavor Flav arrested in Las Vegas on allegations of DUI, marijuana possession, speeding
- Chris Pratt Is Already Apologizing for Anything Offensive He Might Say During Jurassic World Press Tour: ''I Am Just Dumb''
- Brantley Gilbert Talks New Music and Marrying The One Who Almost Got Away
- Pete Davidson Live-Tweets His Harry Potter Movie Marathon: The Boy Who Lived Is ''Dope as F--k''