'Two and a Half Men' Not Submitted for Best Comedy Emmy
By Kelly Fisher Posted May 31st 2011 06:55AM
According to Deadline, the show qualified for submission in the category, with 16 shows produced and aired this season, but an insider revealed that the feeling at CBS was that is wasn't appropriate given the circumstances surrounding the show recently.
'Two and a Half Men' has been nominated for Best Comedy Series three times, most recently in 2008.
However, the source adds that while it's not submitting the show for Best Comedy, the studio is fully supporting the show's co-stars, including Jon Cryer, Holland Taylor, Angus T. Jones and Conchata Ferrell, in supporting category nominations.
Production on the hit CBS show was shut down in February after the series' star, Charlie Sheen, flew off the handle, followed by a bizarre series of rants aimed at the show's producers.
Sheen has since been fired from the show and will be replaced by Ashton Kutcher when it returns in the fall for a ninth season.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Reese Witherspoon keeps her hands in her pockets as she tries to stay warm while out in New York City on January 3rd.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Trista Sutter's Daughter Blakesley Reads Us Weekly, Looks in Awe of Desiree Hartsock, Chris Siegfried's Wedding Pics!
- Ryan Gosling Attempts His Best Australian Accent, Videobombs Russell Crowe While He's Presenting at the AACTA Awards -- Watch
- David Spade Spends $900K on Souped-Up Version of Joe Dirt Dodge Daytona Car, Says It's "Too Nice" to Drive!
- FOX411's pic of the day
- ?The Big Bang Theory' recap: Sheldon is under pressure
- Rap mogul Suge Knight behind wheel of truck in deadly hit-and-run, lawyer says