'Two and a Half Men' Not Submitted for Best Comedy Emmy
By Kelly Fisher Posted May 31st 2011 06:55AM
According to Deadline, the show qualified for submission in the category, with 16 shows produced and aired this season, but an insider revealed that the feeling at CBS was that is wasn't appropriate given the circumstances surrounding the show recently.
'Two and a Half Men' has been nominated for Best Comedy Series three times, most recently in 2008.
However, the source adds that while it's not submitting the show for Best Comedy, the studio is fully supporting the show's co-stars, including Jon Cryer, Holland Taylor, Angus T. Jones and Conchata Ferrell, in supporting category nominations.
Production on the hit CBS show was shut down in February after the series' star, Charlie Sheen, flew off the handle, followed by a bizarre series of rants aimed at the show's producers.
Sheen has since been fired from the show and will be replaced by Ashton Kutcher when it returns in the fall for a ninth season.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Reese Witherspoon keeps her hands in her pockets as she tries to stay warm while out in New York City on January 3rd.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Taraji P. Henson Walks Back Racial Profiling Statement, Apologizes on Instagram
- Kate Hudson on Ex-Fiance Matthew Bellamy: "We're Family For the Rest of Our Lives"
- TLC's Bride By Design Premiere: How Does Wedding Dress Designer Heidi Elnora Keep the Peace?
- Zayn Malik says he worries he's let fans down by leaving One Direction
- End of 'Mad Men,' but show's relics find new life at museum
- Taraji P. Henson apologizes for racial profiling allegation
- Gwen Stefani's Dad Gets Temporary Restraining Order to Protect Family From Alleged Stalker
- Fergie Turns 40: See the Sweet Message Hubby Josh Duhamel Sent for Her Birthday!
- Prince Harry Catches a Performance of Ex Cressida Bonas' Play as First Anniversary of Breakup Nears: What Does It All Mean?!