George Lucas: I Have 50 Hours of 'Star Wars' TV Series Planned
By AOL TV Editors Posted Jun 1st 2011 09:14AM
According to the New York Post, Lucas has 50 hours of a 'Star Wars' TV series planned. That's at least two seasons.
What's the hold up? Technology. Lucas reportedly told G4 that he's waiting for "a different type of technology we can use so it's economically feasible to shoot the shows."
Lucas said the financial difference between producing movies and TV shows is too vast right now.
The series will take place between 'Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith' and 'A New Hope.'
Meanwhile, 'Star Wars: Clone Wars,' the animated Cartoon Network series, is still alive and kicking. Its fourth season debuts this fall.
See more at AOL TV.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Reese Witherspoon keeps her hands in her pockets as she tries to stay warm while out in New York City on January 3rd.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Celebrities' Thanksgiving Messages: See Photos From Taylor Swift, Beyonce
- Melissa Rivers Celebrates First Thanksgiving Without Joan Rivers, Remembers Mother in Sweet Photo
- Black Friday 2014: The Best Sweatpants to Wear While Doing Your Online Shopping (And to Spend Your Whole Weekend In)
- Bollywood actress sentenced to 26 years in jail for blasphemy in Pakistan
- FOX411's pic of the day
- '19 Kids & Counting's' cousin Amy Duggar reaches for Nashville dreams
- Funny People, Miracle on 34th Street, Grumpy Old Men and More Thanksgiving Films!
- Your Official Map of the Mall Parking Lot During Black Friday Shopping
- Our Favorite CW Ladies Reveal What They're Thankful for This Thanksgiving—Including Viola Davis' Brave Moment