George Lucas: I Have 50 Hours of 'Star Wars' TV Series Planned
By AOL TV Editors Posted Jun 1st 2011 09:14AM
According to the New York Post, Lucas has 50 hours of a 'Star Wars' TV series planned. That's at least two seasons.
What's the hold up? Technology. Lucas reportedly told G4 that he's waiting for "a different type of technology we can use so it's economically feasible to shoot the shows."
Lucas said the financial difference between producing movies and TV shows is too vast right now.
The series will take place between 'Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith' and 'A New Hope.'
Meanwhile, 'Star Wars: Clone Wars,' the animated Cartoon Network series, is still alive and kicking. Its fourth season debuts this fall.
See more at AOL TV.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Reese Witherspoon keeps her hands in her pockets as she tries to stay warm while out in New York City on January 3rd.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian Breaks Down in Tears After "Terrifying" Montana Car Crash on Keeping Up With the Kardashians Sneak Peek: Watch
- Robert Downey Jr. Moves Same Furniture to Every House He Rents While on Location for Films
- Kendra Wilkinson's BFF Jessica Hall Welcomes First Child: "Couldn't Be More Proud and Happy for My Closest Friend"
- Fox News' Megyn Kelly secures exclusive sit-down interview with Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar
- Paul McCartney last smoked pot 'a long time ago'
- Pete Townshend opens up about past alcohol abuse
- Melissa Joan Hart Shows Off 40-Pound Weight Loss at Sister's "Crazy" Bachelorette Party Weekend in Miami
- B.B. King Honored at Mississippi Funeral, President Barack Obama and Bill Clinton Pay Tribute to Blues Legend
- Prince William Calls for FIFA Reform Amid Corruption Scandal, Wears Glasses at 2015 FA Cup Final—See Photos!