'The Voice', 'America's Got Talent' Hit High Notes
By AOL TV Editors Posted Jun 1st 2011 07:03PM
Moving to its new time right after 'AGT,' NBC's new singing competition 'The Voice' was watched by 14.4 million viewers, a series high for the show so far.
'AGT' was seen by 4.2 million viewers in the 18-49 demo, while 'The Voice' grabbed 4.9 million.
Now in its sixth season, for the most part 'AGT' has averaged around 12 million viewers year after year. Last season's finale was seen by 16 million viewers.
'The Voice,' which is currently in its first season, has already been dubbed a ratings hit by NBC. The show has been a consistent player in the 18-49 space, delivering numbers NBC hasn't seen in a while.
Showing faith in 'The Voice,' NBC has given the singing competition the post-Super Bowl slot on Sun., Feb. 5.
"There is no better showcase on television than to follow the Super Bowl, and we believe 'The Voice' is deserving of such high-profile exposure," Bob Greenblatt, chairman of NBC Entertainment, said in a statement. "The attention grabbing blind audition phase of 'The Voice' has mass appeal and will fittingly team up with the biggest sporting event of the year."
The network hasn't yet announced whether that post-Super Bowl episode will be the premiere of Season 2 or not.
Get more at Aol TV >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Dean Jones, boyish Disney star, dies at 84
- Avril Lavigne announces separation from husband Chad Kroeger
- Robert Redford, Nick Nolte's friendship shines through in 'A Walk in the Woods'
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' Star Amanda Peterson's Cause of Death Revealed
- Extra Scoop: Did Josh Duggar Have a Pregnancy Scare with Another Woman?
- Win It! A Patricia Nash Argos Crossbody Handbag
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates 45 Million Instagram Followers With, You Guessed It, a Cleavage Shot
- Bryan Cranston: Being Famous "Is Almost Like Being a Pregnant Woman"
- Sandra Bullock's Boyfriend Bryan Randall Is a "Free Spirit," "Amazing With Kids," Ex-Girlfriend's Mom Says