Ellen Barkin Living With 'Diner' Director's Son, 26
By Marc Schneider Posted Jun 2nd 2011 12:11PM
Well, according to Page Six that is, whose multiple sources say the 57-year-old Emmy winner and writer Sam Levinson, 26, are not only an item but have actually been living together for two years.
"They go out, they're photographed together, they don't keep it secret," said one source (indeed, we easily found the photo at right of them, shot in January). Another calls the May-December romance "the worst-kept secret in New York."
Barkin's rep said the star does not comment on her personal life.
Her lush film career started in 1982's 'Diner.' Sam Levinson was three years from even existing when his famous dad directed the actress in the Baltimore-based nostalgia-fest. She's had other major roles in 'The Big Easy,' 'Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas' and 'Ocean's Thirteen,' among others.
Barkin met the younger Levinson a few years ago after he sent her a script to his film, 'Another Happy Day,' which debuted at Sundance this year. He described getting her on board to star in the film in an interview with Speakeasy in February.
"She called me three hours later and said, 'I'm not Julia Roberts so it's not going to be an easy road, but I'm in it with you. Let's do it.' From that point on, she led the charge," he said, without mentioning anything about dating the older actress.
Barkin showed the New York Times Magazine around her apartment in NYC's West Village for a profile in April, but made no mention of having a live-in boyfriend there. She has been married twice, first to Irish actor Gabriel Byrnes, with whom she has two children, and later billionaire investor Ronald Perelman.
Barkin is currently up for a Tony Award for her role in 'The Normal Heart.'
Watch a Clip From 'Diner' Featuring Barkin and Mickey Rourke:
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Keith Richards documentary, solo album debut same day
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen pondering 'Fuller House' role, Netflix boss says
- ABC's David Muir and NBC's Lester Holt neck-and-neck
- Man Rants Against Bald Villains, Says Hollywood Is Discriminating
- Syfy Gives Straight-to-Series Order to Grindhouse Drama 'Blood Drive'
- Aziz Ansari's Netflix Show 'Master of None' Will Build on His Stand-Up
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- Brittany Snow Will Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3,' Too
- 'Bachelorette' Host Chris Harrison Hates Lifetime's 'UnREAL'
- TCA: Chelsea Handler Dishes on Netflix Show, Documentaries