'View' Source: Barbara Walters Would Take Meredith Vieira Back
By Rob Shuter Posted Jun 2nd 2011 04:00PM
Come next Wednesday, the great Meredith Vieira will be saying goodbye to NBC's 'Today' show, but if Barbara Walters has her way we might be seeing Meredith back on TV very soon.
"Barbara adores Meredith and would welcome her back on 'The View' in a second," a 'View' insider tells me. "Meredith returning home would be a great ratings boost and Barbara likes nothing better than ratings success even if it means asking one of the regular women to have a less active role."
Meredith was the talker's original moderator from its debut in 1997 until mid-2006 when it was announced she'd be taking over for Katie Couric at 'Today.'
Tired of getting up at 2:30 in the morning and wanting to spend more time with her journalist husband Richard Cohen, who has multiple sclerosis but is in good health, was the main reason Meredith decided it was time to leave. However, returning to a show like 'The View' which broadcasts live only four days a week (they record Friday's show on Thursday) would be a much easier schedule.
"Don't forget when the show started Joy Behar was part time. She wasn't on every day," a senior producer who has worked on 'The View' tells me. "Having Meredith back if only for a few days a week would make Barbara very, very happy. She never wanted her to leave in the first place."
Although for once it doesn't look like Bab's dream will come true. Meredith told me recently that she's dedicated to her NBC family ... a family she hopes to continue working with in a different position for many years to come!
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Tila Tequila Is Pregnant, Expecting First Child: See Baby Bump Picture
- Kate Middleton, Mindy Kaling Wear Same L.K. Bennett Dress: Pictures
- Vincent Kartheiser Opens Up About Falling For Fiancee Alexis Bledel, Mad Men Cast Rooted For Them
- Ian Somerhalder Dating Molly Swenson
- Battle Of The Boy Bands! Joey Fatone Disses Nick Carter
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Her Baby Bump With Ashton Kutcher And His Pregnant Sister
- Joey Fatone and Nick Carter are feuding
- Missy describes Uncle Si as 'tenderhearted' and 'a bit crazy'
- Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice discuss 'Jesus Christ Superstar'