Cheryl Cole Applying For U.S. Visa?
By AOL TV Editors Posted Jun 3rd 2011 03:33PM
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the British pop star is currently in a "chess match" with 'X Factor' producer Fremantle.
The report says Fremantle is trying to avoid paying Cole for her four days of work as an 'X Factor' judge, but they don't want to breach her contract.
"They don't want to pay her," a source told THR. "It's a chess match."
There has been no official comment on the state of Cole and the series. Despite widespread reports to the contrary, she's supposedly still employed. Fremantle is reportedly asking Cole to apply for a U.S. visa, and Cole is set to comply.
As of now, the current reports indicate Cole is being replaced by Pussycat Dolls singer and reality TV staple Nicole Scherzinger. The 'Dancing With the Stars' champion was originally tapped to co-host the series.
Cole won't be returning to the UK version of the series, either. Destiny's Child member Kelly Rowland has joined the panel in her place.
Get more at Aol TV >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Hannah Davis shows off her American pride in SI
- Duggars could face civil suit from non-family abuse victim, report says
- Ex-CNNer Lynne Russell's husband kills robber in wild motel shootout
- Jenni Pulos Dishes on 'Flipping Out's' Most Problematic Season Ever
- Brody Jenner Opens Up About Relationship with Caitlyn
- Bobbi Kristina Update: Why Pat Houston Secretly Took Her to Chicago and More
- New York Times Suggests Adding Peas to Guacamole, World Flips Out
- Rita Ora Takes a Zen Approach to Calvin Harris' Romance With Taylor Swift: No "Jealousy Vibe"
- Joe Manganiello Says Sofia Vergara Refuses to Make a Movie Together Like Ben Affleck, Jennifer Lopez's 2003 Flop Gigli