Cheryl Cole Applying For U.S. Visa?
By AOL TV Editors Posted Jun 3rd 2011 03:33PM
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the British pop star is currently in a "chess match" with 'X Factor' producer Fremantle.
The report says Fremantle is trying to avoid paying Cole for her four days of work as an 'X Factor' judge, but they don't want to breach her contract.
"They don't want to pay her," a source told THR. "It's a chess match."
There has been no official comment on the state of Cole and the series. Despite widespread reports to the contrary, she's supposedly still employed. Fremantle is reportedly asking Cole to apply for a U.S. visa, and Cole is set to comply.
As of now, the current reports indicate Cole is being replaced by Pussycat Dolls singer and reality TV staple Nicole Scherzinger. The 'Dancing With the Stars' champion was originally tapped to co-host the series.
Cole won't be returning to the UK version of the series, either. Destiny's Child member Kelly Rowland has joined the panel in her place.
Get more at Aol TV >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Tim McGraw: My wild night with Kid Rock
- Report: Miss America Kira Kazantsev kicked out of sorority for hazing
- Then/Now: The cast of 'Friends'
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- 'The Voice' Premiere! The Best of the Blind Auditions So Far
- Jada Pinkett Smith Is Smokin' Hot and Ready to Join ?Magic Mike XXL'
- Kris Jenner Officially Files for Divorce from Bruce Jenner