Cheryl Cole Applying For U.S. Visa?
By AOL TV Editors Posted Jun 3rd 2011 03:33PM
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the British pop star is currently in a "chess match" with 'X Factor' producer Fremantle.
The report says Fremantle is trying to avoid paying Cole for her four days of work as an 'X Factor' judge, but they don't want to breach her contract.
"They don't want to pay her," a source told THR. "It's a chess match."
There has been no official comment on the state of Cole and the series. Despite widespread reports to the contrary, she's supposedly still employed. Fremantle is reportedly asking Cole to apply for a U.S. visa, and Cole is set to comply.
As of now, the current reports indicate Cole is being replaced by Pussycat Dolls singer and reality TV staple Nicole Scherzinger. The 'Dancing With the Stars' champion was originally tapped to co-host the series.
Cole won't be returning to the UK version of the series, either. Destiny's Child member Kelly Rowland has joined the panel in her place.
Get more at Aol TV >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Sony defends decision to shelve release of 'The Interview,' saying studio 'had no choice'
- 14 movies that may not have made it to theaters today
- Hackers praise Sony for 'The Interview' cancellation, make new threats
- 'Bates Motel' Goes Full 'Psycho' in New Promo
- Extra Scoop: Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Tips on Achieving ?Wild Passion'!
- See the Heidi Klum Ads That Are Too Hot for? Las Vegas?