Justin Bieber Dodges Marc Jacobs Lawsuit
By AOL Music Editors Posted Jun 3rd 2011 01:00AM
The Biebs recently launched the latest edition to his growing fragrance empire, a female perfume called Someday, and a Peter Pan-inspired commercial to go with it.
The bottle for Bieber's scent is reminiscent of Jacobs' glass body and multicolored, layered-petal-topped Lola perfume bottle.
According to fashion publication WWD, the popular designer has confirmed that he had a meeting with bosses at Coty, the fragrance company behind his scents, about the similarities between the bottles.
Ultimately, Jacobs decided against taking legal action against his 17-year-old competition. "We just had a conversation about it. Coty said, 'Do we sue them?' and I said, 'You know what? Let everyone else say what they want'."
Jacobs continues, "I received Google (Alerts) about people saying it was derivative. We're not going to do anything about it... I look around the room and I look at the work we've done and a quote I always bastardise but I really believe in, is something (Coco) Chanel said: 'He who insists on his own creativity has no memory'."
Do you think Jacobs should have taken legal action against Bieber? Check out Bieber's Someday (left) and Jacobs' Lola (right) bottles side by side in the photo here and share your thoughts in the comments below!
Get more at Aol. Music >>
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Fights -
- Music News -
- Troublemakers -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Justin Bieber -
- AOL Music
MORE ABOUT Justin Bieber
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Justin Bieber Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- ?Scandal' finale recap: Murder, betrayal and a shocking twist
- Kim Novak takes on Oscar night 'bullies'
- Glen Campbell moved to Alzheimer's facility, report says
- ?Parenthood' finale react: A house is not a home
- ?Scandal' finale: Talk about it! ? UPDATED
- ?American Idol' 2014: And the Top 6 are?
- Extra Scoop: Kate Mara Says She's ?Definitely Ambitious'
- Paul Wesley Pulls Double Duty on ?Vampire Diaries'
- What Wu-Tang Clan Wants You to Know About Rapper Who Cut Off Private Part
- Tom Cruise Reportedly Dating Laura Prepon, Rosie O'Donnell Loses 50 Pounds: Top 5 Thursday Stories
- Scandal's Joe Morton Says Fans Have Prayer Groups For Character Rowan Pope, Teases His Fate and Kerry Washington's Pregnancy
- Puff Daddy Named Hip-Hop's Wealthiest Artist by Forbes With Whopping $700 Million