Justin Bieber Dodges Marc Jacobs Lawsuit
By AOL Music Editors Posted Jun 3rd 2011 01:00AM
The Biebs recently launched the latest edition to his growing fragrance empire, a female perfume called Someday, and a Peter Pan-inspired commercial to go with it.
The bottle for Bieber's scent is reminiscent of Jacobs' glass body and multicolored, layered-petal-topped Lola perfume bottle.
According to fashion publication WWD, the popular designer has confirmed that he had a meeting with bosses at Coty, the fragrance company behind his scents, about the similarities between the bottles.
Ultimately, Jacobs decided against taking legal action against his 17-year-old competition. "We just had a conversation about it. Coty said, 'Do we sue them?' and I said, 'You know what? Let everyone else say what they want'."
Jacobs continues, "I received Google (Alerts) about people saying it was derivative. We're not going to do anything about it... I look around the room and I look at the work we've done and a quote I always bastardise but I really believe in, is something (Coco) Chanel said: 'He who insists on his own creativity has no memory'."
Do you think Jacobs should have taken legal action against Bieber? Check out Bieber's Someday (left) and Jacobs' Lola (right) bottles side by side in the photo here and share your thoughts in the comments below!
Get more at Aol. Music >>
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Fights -
- Music News -
- Troublemakers -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Justin Bieber -
- AOL Music
MORE ABOUT Justin Bieber
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Justin Bieber Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Chris Pratt teaches son Pledge of Allegiance
- Man donates $20,000 for new Lucille Ball statue
- 'Teen Mom 2' star Jenelle Evans turns herself in
- Bobbi Kristina Update: Source Reveals Bobby Brown's Stand on Her Life Support
- Rachel McAdams Gushes Over Sister's Wedding, Raves About ?Aloha' and ?True Detective'
- Chris Soules, Fiancee Whitney Bischoff Split Two Months After Bachelor Finale
- Jenelle Evans Arrested on Domestic Violence Charges After Alleged Altercation With Ex-Fiance Nathan Griffith: See Her Latest Mugshot
- Cameron Diaz, Benji Madden Look Adorably in Love Out in L.A. With BFF Drew Barrymore and Will Kopelman: Photos