Zoe Kravitz: 'That It Girl S--t Makes Me Uncomfortable'
By Kiki Von Glinow Posted Jun 3rd 2011 04:40PM
"All that it girl s--t makes me kind of uncomfortable," Kravitz told Asos magazine.
Daughter of rocker, Lenny Kravitz, and artist mama, Lisa Bonet, Kravitz credits her Hollywood upraising as the reason why she has no interest in becoming the stereotypical child of Hollywood.
"I'm in a very lucky position because I've been around [fame] so long, I don't feel the need to chase it," she said. "My dad was brought up very old school, very strict ... So he's wearing leather pants and a boa, but he would be like, 'Did you do your chores today?' Or ... 'Yes, there's a party going on with Mick Jagger and some models, but it's your bedtime.'"
Although we have a feeling Kravitz wasn't so fond of her dad's strict rules as a youngster, she's got nothing but love for her grounded childhood now. She's also grown accustomed to her parents' unique fashion choices.
"I used to be embarrassed about how [my mom] and dad would dress, but now I steal their clothes all the time! ... My had has totally taken my Cat Stevens T-shirt, but it's okay, I have his Black Flag one and it's amazing."
After one shopping trip at thrift store, when Kravitz returned home she was surprised to find out that she had bought the clothing that her mom previously donated. Talk about being on the same page.
Catch Kravitz in the new 'X-Men' flick in theaters today.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kris Jenner Attends Taj Jackson's Wedding After Kim Kardashian Gives Birth
- Katy Perry Says Russell Brand Told Her Divorce Plans in a Text; Miley Cyrus Talks Liam Hemsworth: Today's Top Stories
- Kim Kardashian, Kanye West's Baby Is "Meant to Be," Pal Brittny Gastineau Says
- Backstreet Boys Release ‘In A World Like This’ Single ? Listen Here!
- Selma Blair Fired From ‘Anger Management’ After Charlie Sheen Ultimatum
- Edward Furlong Charged In Domestic Violence Assault
- Actor Edward Furlong charged with assaulting girlfriend
- Sofia Vergara brags on her backside with sexy selfie
- Then/Now: 'St. Elmo's Fire'
- Selma Blair Not Returning to Anger Management After Dispute With Charlie Sheen
- Roberto Cavalli, 72, Wears Tiny Swimsuit, Gets Hosed Down by Model Girlfriend on His Yacht
- Lady Gaga's Dad Rants on Twitter After His NYC Restaurant Gets Downgraded by Health Department