MTV Stands for 'More Twilight Victories' Yet Again
By Moviefone Editors Posted Jun 6th 2011 12:00AM
Most award presenters (among them 'Mr. Poppers Penguins' Jim Carrey, 'Transformers 3' stars Shia LaBeouf, Patrick Dempsey, Rosie Huntington-Whitley and Josh Duhamel, and 'Friends With Benefits' stars Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis) followed suit with similar sex jokes. Sudeikis said that MTV stands for 'More Twilight Victories,' and he wasn't far off.
'Twilight' star Robert Pattinson won three awards overall, and was onstage or on-camera for at least 20 percent of the show, and 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' won for every single category it was nominated for. The legions of Twihards have spoken.
'Twilight' fans were disappointed when famously 'not-together' couple (even though they obviously are) Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson didn't share a kiss onstage when they were awarded the Best Kiss award. Instead, Pattinson ran into the audience and shared a kiss with 'Twilight' co-star Taylor Lautner. OK, so maybe that was just as pleasing for the Twihards.
But it wasn't all only 'Twilight': MTV premiered an exclusive 'Super 8' trailer with an appearance by director J.J. Abrams and producer Steven Spielberg, and MTV also aired a new trailer from 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Pt. 2,' which was presented by star Emma Watson.
► THERE WERE AWARDS? YES ... AND HERE'S A FULL LIST
Reese Witherspoon was given the Generation Award for her performances in fan favorites like 'Legally Blonde,' 'Walk the Line,' and 'Sweet Home Alabama.' But the spotlight was stolen from her -- once again by Robert Pattinson -- when he dropped the F-bomb while praising his 'Water for Elephants' co-star. "I f--ked you," he quipped. MTV's censoring was a bit late on that one.
Seven-year-old Alexys Nycole Sanchez provided a bright spot in the show with her cuteness when she won for Best Line in 'Grown-Ups' ("I want to get chocolate wasted"). We hereby submit that young children win at least once per award show, because the adorableness factor was off the charts.
Relative newcomer Emma Stone took home the prize for Best Comedic Performance for her work in 'Easy A.'
Everything turned back to all-'Twilight' when Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner premiered never-before-seen footage from the upcoming 'Breaking Dawn, Pt.1.' Best Movie of the Year, of course, went to 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse.'
One question: What movies won at the MTV Movie Awards before 'Twilight'? At least Gary Busey presenting an award in a bubble was something we never expected to see.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- ?The Bachelor' recap: Juan Pablo makes his choice in awkward, unprecedented finale
- Miley Cyrus fan sneaks into star's dressing room, leaves note, police say
- FOX411's pic of the day
- John Woo to Head Jury at Beijing Film Festival
- Bizarre Love Letter From Ernest Hemingway to Marlene Dietrich Goes to Auction
- SXSW: Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg on Senate Jerks, N-Word Jokes and Growing Up 'Incrementally' (Q&A)
- ?Believe' react: Life doesn't wait for long
- ?How I Met Your Mother' react: Lily's got a secret and the Mosby Boys return!
- ?The Bachelor' finale: ?Whoo! I'm glad I didn't pick her!'
- Box Office: 'Mr. Peabody & Sherman' Could Lose DreamWorks $84 Million
- 'Batman vs. Superman' Production Begins in Michigan?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': 7 Things You Need to Know About the Intergalactic Epic