Insider: Paris Hilton Blames Network for Bad Ratings
By Rob Shuter Posted Jun 6th 2011 03:40PM
Paris Hilton's new reality show on Oxygen debuted to disastrous ratings last week, but rather than accept some blame, insiders tell me Paris is pointing her finger at the network.
"Paris is furious that the show didn't premiere at the time it was supposed to," an insider tells me when speaking about 'The World According to Paris.' "She worked her tail off doing promotion and publicity for the show and then because of a technical mistake, the show aired at a completely different time in a lot of markets."
A representative from the network denies that there were any glitches in her premiere episode.
"The show premiered at 10 p.m. on Wednesday, June 1 as was promoted," an Oxygen spokesperson told me in a statement. "There were no technical mistakes. We look forward to a very exciting run of the series."
This week's episode brings together Paris and Charlie Sheen's ex, Brooke Mueller, whose ongoing substance abuse struggles will be addressed. The rep said this week's episode with feature Brooke's "cry for help."
Her busy week of promotion also included a rough interview on 'The View,' where Barbara Walters and Whoopi Goldberg grilled the socialite on the frivolity of her show. She reportedly flipped out backstage and got into a shouting match with a producer. In short, it was a disaster and she canceled events because of it.
"Paris' second season on that MTV show where she found a new friend was a disaster and she hasn't been able to sell a magazine cover since the Kardashians arrived," a TV insider tells me. "If the numbers remain less then the 400,000 that tuned in last week she could get pulled off the air."
By comparison, the March debut of singer Aubrey O'Day's show drew 724,000, and 1.7 million viewers tuned in for the premiere of the most recent installment of 'The Bad Girls Club.'
"This could be the last nail in the coffin," a senior marketing manager tells me. "She has been replaced by Teen Moms and Snooki. She would have been better off not doing a new reality show at all then doing one that proves no one cares."
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
MORE ABOUT Paris Hilton
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Paris Hilton Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Selma Blair on Playing Kris Jenner in American Crime Story: "I Don't Have Enough Good Things to Say About Her"
- Macklemore Shares Sweet Pic Napping With His Baby Girl: "There Is Nothing Better"
- Evan Ross' Sweet Birthday Message to Wife Ashlee Simpson
- 'Real Housewife' star Jill Zarin in car accident
- French Ministry hosts dwarf fashion show
- Filming begins in Dubai for new movie 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Hillary Clinton Returns to Saturday Night Live With a Message for Donald Trump—Watch Now!
- Tori Spelling Takes the Ultimate Lie-Detector Test: 5 Most Shocking Revelations From the Beverly Hills, 90210 Star
- Newlyweds Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Are the Perfect Match in Black at The Leftovers Premiere