Insider: Paris Hilton Blames Network for Bad Ratings
By Rob Shuter Posted Jun 6th 2011 03:40PM
Paris Hilton's new reality show on Oxygen debuted to disastrous ratings last week, but rather than accept some blame, insiders tell me Paris is pointing her finger at the network.
"Paris is furious that the show didn't premiere at the time it was supposed to," an insider tells me when speaking about 'The World According to Paris.' "She worked her tail off doing promotion and publicity for the show and then because of a technical mistake, the show aired at a completely different time in a lot of markets."
A representative from the network denies that there were any glitches in her premiere episode.
"The show premiered at 10 p.m. on Wednesday, June 1 as was promoted," an Oxygen spokesperson told me in a statement. "There were no technical mistakes. We look forward to a very exciting run of the series."
This week's episode brings together Paris and Charlie Sheen's ex, Brooke Mueller, whose ongoing substance abuse struggles will be addressed. The rep said this week's episode with feature Brooke's "cry for help."
Her busy week of promotion also included a rough interview on 'The View,' where Barbara Walters and Whoopi Goldberg grilled the socialite on the frivolity of her show. She reportedly flipped out backstage and got into a shouting match with a producer. In short, it was a disaster and she canceled events because of it.
"Paris' second season on that MTV show where she found a new friend was a disaster and she hasn't been able to sell a magazine cover since the Kardashians arrived," a TV insider tells me. "If the numbers remain less then the 400,000 that tuned in last week she could get pulled off the air."
By comparison, the March debut of singer Aubrey O'Day's show drew 724,000, and 1.7 million viewers tuned in for the premiere of the most recent installment of 'The Bad Girls Club.'
"This could be the last nail in the coffin," a senior marketing manager tells me. "She has been replaced by Teen Moms and Snooki. She would have been better off not doing a new reality show at all then doing one that proves no one cares."
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
MORE ABOUT Paris Hilton
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Paris Hilton Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Shia LaBeouf Holds Hands With New Girlfriend Sasha Lane: Photo
- Miley Cyrus Wears Fruit-and-Veggie Jumpsuit, Meets Baddie Winkle Before MTV VMAs
- Taylor Swift and Avril Lavigne Perform "Complicated" Together in San Diego After Twitter Misunderstanding
- MTV prepared for Miley Cyrus, will air VMAs on a delay
- 1st African-American actor to play Jean Valjean on Broadway dies
- ‘The Good Wife's' Christine Baranski talks Emmys, season 7 excitement
- This Teacher Created a Kanye West-Themed Classroom Allowing Fourth Graders to Learn "All Day"
- Miley Cyrus Shares a Nude Photo Hours Before the 2015 MTV Video Music Awards—See Her NSFW Selfie!
- Brad Pitt Brings Son Knox, 7, to the 2015 British Motorcycle Grand Prix—See the Sweet Photos!