Insider: Paris Hilton Blames Network for Bad Ratings
By Rob Shuter Posted Jun 6th 2011 03:40PM
Paris Hilton's new reality show on Oxygen debuted to disastrous ratings last week, but rather than accept some blame, insiders tell me Paris is pointing her finger at the network.
"Paris is furious that the show didn't premiere at the time it was supposed to," an insider tells me when speaking about 'The World According to Paris.' "She worked her tail off doing promotion and publicity for the show and then because of a technical mistake, the show aired at a completely different time in a lot of markets."
A representative from the network denies that there were any glitches in her premiere episode.
"The show premiered at 10 p.m. on Wednesday, June 1 as was promoted," an Oxygen spokesperson told me in a statement. "There were no technical mistakes. We look forward to a very exciting run of the series."
This week's episode brings together Paris and Charlie Sheen's ex, Brooke Mueller, whose ongoing substance abuse struggles will be addressed. The rep said this week's episode with feature Brooke's "cry for help."
Her busy week of promotion also included a rough interview on 'The View,' where Barbara Walters and Whoopi Goldberg grilled the socialite on the frivolity of her show. She reportedly flipped out backstage and got into a shouting match with a producer. In short, it was a disaster and she canceled events because of it.
"Paris' second season on that MTV show where she found a new friend was a disaster and she hasn't been able to sell a magazine cover since the Kardashians arrived," a TV insider tells me. "If the numbers remain less then the 400,000 that tuned in last week she could get pulled off the air."
By comparison, the March debut of singer Aubrey O'Day's show drew 724,000, and 1.7 million viewers tuned in for the premiere of the most recent installment of 'The Bad Girls Club.'
"This could be the last nail in the coffin," a senior marketing manager tells me. "She has been replaced by Teen Moms and Snooki. She would have been better off not doing a new reality show at all then doing one that proves no one cares."
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
MORE ABOUT Paris Hilton
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Paris Hilton Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bachelor After the Final Rose Recap: Juan Pablo Can't Say "I Love You"
- Andi Dorfman Named Bachelorette for Season 10!
- Bachelor Season 18 Finale Spoiler: Does Juan Pablo Pick Nikki Ferrell or Clare Crawley?
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- ?The Bachelor' recap: Juan Pablo makes his choice in awkward, unprecedented finale
- Miley Cyrus fan sneaks into star's dressing room, leaves note, police say
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Beauty and the Beast's Sexy Reunion, How I Met Your Mother's Big Secret Revealed and More OMG TV Moments
- The Bachelor Finale Recap: Did Juan Pablo Choose Nikki or Clare? Plus, Find Out if They're Still Together!
- Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez Are All Over Each Other in Sexy New Dance Video—Watch Now!