Video: Meredith Vieira's Most Outrageous 'Today' Show Moments
By Kiki Von Glinow Posted Jun 7th 2011 02:25PM
From talking dirty with James Franco to kicking co-host, Matt Lauer in his "peppercorns" to accidentally firing off a joke, while still on air, about a guest who was struck by lightning, it's Vieira's undying and often inappropriate humor that has raked in the viewers and made her the person that millions of Americans choose to wake up with every morning.
Check out our compilation of some of Vieira's most outrageous moments before she bids adieu to her seat behind the 'Today' show desk.
She has technical difficulties:
From joking that a man who survived being struck by lightning has a "slight glow" before she's off air to experiencing the extreme awkwardness of TV delay, Vieira isn't always a total pro, technically speaking.
She gets physical with Matt Lauer:
While rehearsing for a cooking segment with Martha Stewart, as usual, Vieira and Lauer were like two kids on the playground engaging in a friendly push and shove contest until Vieira took it below the belt -- literally. After attempting give Lauer a knock in the shin, Vieira aims a little high and kicks Lauer right in the "peppercorns" as an amused Al Roker pointed out. But Lauer eventually gets his revenge with, naturally, a frosting war.
She likes to talk dirty:
From insisting that her co-host isn't wearing pants to letting her potty mouth run wild while testing out a video game to telling James Franco she would "polish his statue" any day, Vieira is never at a loss for words -- even when her producers would most certainly wish she was.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kate Hudson Leads Sexy Biker Gang as Mother of Anarchy for Halloween: See Her Ab-Baring Leather Costume
- Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan's 2014 Halloween Costumes: Kimye, Peter Pan, Zombies, and More!
- Honey Boo Boo's Anna Cardwell on What She Would Say to Alleged Child Molester: "Leave or I'm Gonna Call the Cops"
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- Kim Kardashian's corset selfie raises questions: How dangerous is the practice of corseting?
- Sheri Moon Zombie impressed by horror fans who dress up as her
- Best and worst celebrity Halloween costumes