Video: Meredith Vieira's Most Outrageous 'Today' Show Moments
By Kiki Von Glinow Posted Jun 7th 2011 02:25PM
From talking dirty with James Franco to kicking co-host, Matt Lauer in his "peppercorns" to accidentally firing off a joke, while still on air, about a guest who was struck by lightning, it's Vieira's undying and often inappropriate humor that has raked in the viewers and made her the person that millions of Americans choose to wake up with every morning.
Check out our compilation of some of Vieira's most outrageous moments before she bids adieu to her seat behind the 'Today' show desk.
She has technical difficulties:
From joking that a man who survived being struck by lightning has a "slight glow" before she's off air to experiencing the extreme awkwardness of TV delay, Vieira isn't always a total pro, technically speaking.
She gets physical with Matt Lauer:
While rehearsing for a cooking segment with Martha Stewart, as usual, Vieira and Lauer were like two kids on the playground engaging in a friendly push and shove contest until Vieira took it below the belt -- literally. After attempting give Lauer a knock in the shin, Vieira aims a little high and kicks Lauer right in the "peppercorns" as an amused Al Roker pointed out. But Lauer eventually gets his revenge with, naturally, a frosting war.
She likes to talk dirty:
From insisting that her co-host isn't wearing pants to letting her potty mouth run wild while testing out a video game to telling James Franco she would "polish his statue" any day, Vieira is never at a loss for words -- even when her producers would most certainly wish she was.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- The Little Princess Is Here! Gush Over These 5 Outfits Kate Middleton Should Dress Her Daughter In
- Kate Middleton, Prince William Welcome Baby Princess: 5 Best Highlights!
- Brooklyn Decker Pregnant, Expecting First Child With Husband Andy Roddick: Baby Bump Photo!
- Blues legend B.B. King in hospice care at his home
- Prolific crime and mystery writer Ruth Rendell dies
- Ireland Baldwin out of rehab but still getting help
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao's Fight Night: 9 Star-Studded Moments We Were Obsessed With
- Spice Girls Reunion! Victoria Beckham Brings the Group Together to Spice Up David Beckham's 40th Birthday
- Rick Santorum's Views on Bruce Jenner's Transition May Surprise Some: "You Have to Respect Everybody"