Does Arnold Really Think He Can Get Maria Back?
By Rob Shuter Posted Jun 8th 2011 08:30PM
Arnold Schwarzenegger and his wife of 25 years, Maria Shriver, haven't formally filed for divorce yet, and for good reason. Friends say Arnold still thinks he has a shot at winning Maria back.
"He knows he has made terrible mistakes in his past but isn't prepared to lose the greatest woman in his life," a friend of Arnold tells me. "This has nothing to do with money or the children, he misses her terribly and will do whatever it takes to win her back. Even begging."
It is true that both Arnold and Maria have retained powerful lawyers and while she has removed her wedding ring, Arnold's remains on his wedding finger most days (he was photographed yesterday both with and without it).
"They talk all the time and no matter how stupid he has been you don't just throw away a marriage," the friend tells me, adding that Arnold is hoping time will heal some of the wounds and that she'll realize that "despite all the affairs, what they had was real."
Well, he better hurry up then. There are conflicting reports that say Maria has given her lawyer, Laura Wasser, the go-ahead to arrange details of the divorce. "Maria wants to ensure that she gets a fair settlement and that her children's future is secure, that is all she cares about," a source told RadarOnline.com.
All this swirl aside, I think we can agree that Maria needs to do what's right for her and not what friends and the public want.
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Mandy Moore and musician husband Ryan Adams splitting
- Bill Cosby postpones Charlotte stand-up show
- Lohan faces deadline for community service
- Sundance Shortcuts: 'Nasty Baby's' Kristen Wiig, Co-Stars on Their Strangest Castmember (Video)
- Sundance: Courtney Love Attends Premiere for Kurt Cobain Doc
- Critic's Notebook: At Sundance 2015, Ladies First
- Blake Shelton takes over ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend: Talk about it here!
- Bill Maher calls ?American Sniper' Chris Kyle ?a psychopath patriot'
- Mr. Moviefone and Charlie Mortdecai's Most Gentlemanly Twitter Spat
- The 10 Weirdest Non-'Star Wars' George Lucas Projects
- A 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Musical Is Coming