Nicolas Cage's Son Weston Hospitalized After Fight
By Elizabeth Yun Posted Jun 8th 2011 02:31PM
The actor had to take his son Weston Cage to the hospital last night after he got into a fight with an unidentified person, according to the Los Angeles Times.
The details are still hazy, but police are investigating the altercation, which took place Tuesday (June 7) at approximately 4:10 PM near the corner of Selma Avenue and Ivar Avenue in Hollywood. Following the incident, Papa Cage accompanied Weston to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center where he was treated for unspecified injuries.
It is unclear what provoked the fight, and if Weston will be charged.
The 20-year-old is trying to carve out a place in showbiz for himself as the frontman of the black metal band Eyes of Noctum. He performs under the stage name Arcane in the L.A.-based band. Eyes of Noctum released their first album, 'Inceptum,' in 2009 and have completed a second album, 'Narcoma,' but a release date hasn't been set. He also had a small role alongside his father in the 2005 film 'Lord of War.'
Cage has recently made headlines more for his personal and financial woes than his once Oscar-worthy career. Most recently, he was arrested for domestic abuse after a drunken argument with his wife, Alice, in New Orleans. The incident also resulted in a possible child abuse investigation after reports that he hurt his five-year-old son Kal-El during the fight.
MORE ABOUT Nicolas Cage
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Nicolas Cage Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Honey Boo Boo' canceled after report Mama June dating sex offender
- Country singer RaeLynn gets surprise visit from military brother
- ?King David' movie in the works at Warner Bros.
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys ?R' Us after ?Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- The 5 most interesting facts about ?Super Smash Bros. for Wii U'
- Is Tori Spelling Having a Nervous Breakdown?
- Mama June: ?It Isn't True' She's Dating Convicted Child Molester
- Check Out This Incredible $85-Million Beverly Hills Home!
- Who's the Boss? Stars Tony Danza, Judith Light Reunite at Broadway Show: Pictures
- Zoe Saldana Teaches a Lesson in Chic Maternity Workout Clothing: Shop Her Pregnancy Gym Style For Less!
- J.K. Rowling Will Publish a New Harry Potter Story on Halloween, Focus Will Be on Nemesis