Friend: Sarah Palin Is Ignoring Elisabeth Hasselbeck
By Rob Shuter Posted Jun 8th 2011 09:08AM
Elisabeth Hasselbeck, who once dutifully campaigned alongside Sarah Palin during her run for higher office in 2008, is no longer feeling the love for the likely presidential candidate, in fact, a close friend of the 'View' star reveals the two haven't spoken in months.
"I think Elisabeth is a good friend. She remembers birthdays and even with a busy schedule always takes time to stay in touch with her girlfriends," a pal tells me. "But Sarah has let her down. Elisabeth has reached out to her several times but she never responds."
It's gotten so grating on Elisabeth that, according to my source, "she has stopped trying all together and doesn't care who knows."
"If I had termites in my house, I'd get someone in there who could deal with it," Hasselbeck said on 'The View.' "Mitt Romney, right now, his specialty is the economy. I'd have him in there. Here's why we're not hearing it: because Sarah Palin's on a bus, and right now she's manipulating, in terms of media attention."
Before that, Elisabeth also condemned Sarah's "crosshairs" imagery on a fundraising website, calling them "despicable" after Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, one of her 'targets' in the 2010 campaign, was shot during a voter meet-and-greet.
"Elisabeth feels used by Sarah," an insider tells me. "When she needed her, she was all over Elisabeth and now she treats her like a stranger. It's sad."
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Fights -
- Gut Reactions -
- Highbrow -
- Politics -
- TV News -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Top News
MORE ABOUT Elisabeth Hasselbeck
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Elisabeth Hasselbeck Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bethenny Frankel Returning to Real Housewives of New York City; Alyssa Milano Leaving Mistresses: Top 5 Stories
- Porsha Williams Says She Was "Blindsided" by Real Housewives Demotion: It's Time to "Spread My Wings"
- American Horror Story: Freak Show Opening Credits Are as Creepy as You'd Expect
- ?Hank Is Not Gay!' ? Kendra Wilkinson Will Move On With Husband Hank Baskett Despite Cheating Allegations ? ?He Deserves Forgiveness'
- Trashed & Making A Splash! Amanda Bynes ?Drunk' On Rooftop Of West Hollywood Hotel Following DUI Arrest
- Bethenny's Back! Frankel Returning To ?Real Housewives Of New York City'
- Gay gun activists: Growing LGBT push to support the Second Amendment
- Hidden bra camera shows woman how often breasts are ogled
- Alyssa Milano is leaving 'Mistresses'