Friend: Sarah Palin Is Ignoring Elisabeth Hasselbeck
By Rob Shuter Posted Jun 8th 2011 09:08AM
Elisabeth Hasselbeck, who once dutifully campaigned alongside Sarah Palin during her run for higher office in 2008, is no longer feeling the love for the likely presidential candidate, in fact, a close friend of the 'View' star reveals the two haven't spoken in months.
"I think Elisabeth is a good friend. She remembers birthdays and even with a busy schedule always takes time to stay in touch with her girlfriends," a pal tells me. "But Sarah has let her down. Elisabeth has reached out to her several times but she never responds."
It's gotten so grating on Elisabeth that, according to my source, "she has stopped trying all together and doesn't care who knows."
"If I had termites in my house, I'd get someone in there who could deal with it," Hasselbeck said on 'The View.' "Mitt Romney, right now, his specialty is the economy. I'd have him in there. Here's why we're not hearing it: because Sarah Palin's on a bus, and right now she's manipulating, in terms of media attention."
Before that, Elisabeth also condemned Sarah's "crosshairs" imagery on a fundraising website, calling them "despicable" after Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, one of her 'targets' in the 2010 campaign, was shot during a voter meet-and-greet.
"Elisabeth feels used by Sarah," an insider tells me. "When she needed her, she was all over Elisabeth and now she treats her like a stranger. It's sad."
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Fights -
- Gut Reactions -
- Highbrow -
- Politics -
- TV News -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Top News
MORE ABOUT Elisabeth Hasselbeck
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Elisabeth Hasselbeck Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kristen Bell Gives Birth, Welcomes Second Baby Girl With Dax Shepard: See Her Name!
- Sony CEO Michael Lynton Defends The Interview Decision: "We Have Not Backed Down"
- Lance Bass' Wedding Location Revealed! 'N Sync Singer to Marry Michael Turchin
- Sony defends decision to shelve release of 'The Interview,' saying studio 'had no choice'
- 14 movies that may not have made it to theaters today
- Hackers praise Sony for 'The Interview' cancellation, make new threats
- This Guy Is Casually Hanging Out With Nicki Minaj's Naked Booty (Sorta)—See the Funny Pic!
- Kris Jenner Talks Finalizing Bruce Jenner Divorce—Plus, Will They Still Celebrate Christmas Together? Watch Now!
- Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard Welcome Another Baby Girl, Their Second Child Together—Check Out Her Name!