Friend: Sarah Palin Is Ignoring Elisabeth Hasselbeck
By Rob Shuter Posted Jun 8th 2011 09:08AM
Elisabeth Hasselbeck, who once dutifully campaigned alongside Sarah Palin during her run for higher office in 2008, is no longer feeling the love for the likely presidential candidate, in fact, a close friend of the 'View' star reveals the two haven't spoken in months.
"I think Elisabeth is a good friend. She remembers birthdays and even with a busy schedule always takes time to stay in touch with her girlfriends," a pal tells me. "But Sarah has let her down. Elisabeth has reached out to her several times but she never responds."
It's gotten so grating on Elisabeth that, according to my source, "she has stopped trying all together and doesn't care who knows."
"If I had termites in my house, I'd get someone in there who could deal with it," Hasselbeck said on 'The View.' "Mitt Romney, right now, his specialty is the economy. I'd have him in there. Here's why we're not hearing it: because Sarah Palin's on a bus, and right now she's manipulating, in terms of media attention."
Before that, Elisabeth also condemned Sarah's "crosshairs" imagery on a fundraising website, calling them "despicable" after Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, one of her 'targets' in the 2010 campaign, was shot during a voter meet-and-greet.
"Elisabeth feels used by Sarah," an insider tells me. "When she needed her, she was all over Elisabeth and now she treats her like a stranger. It's sad."
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Fights -
- Gut Reactions -
- Highbrow -
- Politics -
- TV News -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Top News
MORE ABOUT Elisabeth Hasselbeck
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Elisabeth Hasselbeck Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Angelina Jolie Steps Out After Wedding, Melissa Rivers on Joan Rivers: Top 5 Friday Stories
- Bill Murray Tears Tickets at St. Paul Saints Independent League Baseball Game, Catches First Pitch: Watch!
- Jimmy Kimmel: Jennifer Aniston Wasn't Mad About Friends Reunion, That's Acting
- Rehab Vet Farrah Abraham Says ?I Have Faith In' Amber Portwood's Sobriety: ?Teen Mom' Frenemies No More
- Moving Trucks Spotted Outside Mariah Carey's Apartment Building ? Is This Really The End Of Her Marriage To Nick Cannon?
- Tony Stewart Speaks Out On Killing Fellow NASCAR Driver Kevin Ward Jr. —‘It Will Affect My Life Forever’
- Comedian Tracy Morgan still struggling after crash
- Joan Rivers' condition 'remains serious,' daughter says
- Political correctness in Hollywood running amok?
- Avril Lavigne Spotted Partying With Pals Without Massive Diamond Ring—See the Pic
- Happy Birthday, Michael Jackson: Beyoncé, Justin Bieber, Paris Hilton and More Remember Late King of Pop
- Ellen Barkin, 60, Looks Fabulous in Unretouched Violet Files Photo Shoot—See the Pics!