Bethenny Who? 'Housewives' Stars Bask in High Ratings Without Her
By Rob Shuter Posted Jun 9th 2011 05:30PM
To every cast member's surprise, including Bethenny, ratings for 'The Real Housewives of New York City' have actually increased since Bethenny Frankel left the show.
"During filming and again just prior to our fourth season airing, many articles popped up stating that RHONY would flop after Bethenny's departure," a current cast member tells me. "Many of these seemed to be veiled leaks by B and her team, designed to hurt us and boost her own spin off. Unfortunately for them, those plans didn't pan out."
While the NY franchise has seen its ratings continue to grow, Bethenny's second season has dropped 22% from her debut. That isn't to say it's not still a hit, though, and it remains the highest-rate solo show on the network. A third season has been ordered. Meanwhile, 'RHONY' continues to outstrip hers with 40% greater audience with over 2.28 million viewers tuning in last week.
"Bethenny saw herself as the star of that show and assumed without her, less people would watch," the Bravo insider tells me. "This is Bethenny's worst nightmare. She would have liked nothing more than the show to fail without her. She desperately wants her own reality show about her new married life with her baby to kick Jill Zarin and the other ladies asses."
'Bethenny Ever After' averaged a very healthy 1.45 million viewers for its latest season and has already been renewed for a third season. But more importantly what this has taught Bravo is that no one lady is more valuable than the show itself. So watch out NeNe, Teresa and Gretchen ... as much as we love you the real star is the show itself!
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
MORE ABOUT Bethenny Frankel
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Bethenny Frankel Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Katy Perry Hasn't Talked to Russell Brand Since He Texted Her to File for Divorce Over Two Years Ago
- Sasheer Zamata Dishes on Meeting Rihanna After Playing Her on Saturday Night Live
- Blake Lively Teases Ryan Reynolds, Calls Him a "Hypocrite": Cute Pics
- Actress Anne Meara, mom of Ben Stiller, dies at 85
- 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or, top honor of Cannes Film Festival
- Actress Kelly Rutherford's children must be returned to US, judge says
- Tom Brady and Gisele Bündchen Put Deflategate Scandal Behind Them With a Brand New Puppy—Take a Look!
- Kim Kardashian Gives Kanye West Tongue Kiss in Wedding Photo Posted on 1st Anniversary—See More Pics!
- Kim Zolciak Throws the Ultimate Carnival to Celebrate Daughter Brielle's High School Graduation: "I'm So Proud"