Larry Birkhead: Anna Nicole Smith's Daughter Just Like Her Mommy
By Kiki Von Glinow Posted Jun 9th 2011 11:45AM
"I see her mom in everything she does," Birkhead told Us Weekly. "We were at the Kentucky Derby and she started smiling and posing like her mom would. People ask me to put her in modeling, but I don't want to push."
But not everything about the Derby day was flash photogs and fun. Birkhead later tweeted that he was battling a publication over a libelous story that was to run about the father-daughter duo: "Spent the entire day yelling at an editor & legal dept. of a newspaper over a false story about me and my daughter at the kentucky derby," he tweeted.
Another thing Dannielynn gets from her mama? Her blunt curiosity.
Speaking about how he explained Smith's death to his young daughter, Birkhead shared, "At first I said, 'Your mommy's up in the clouds.' Then we were on a plane from Kentucky and she asked, 'Which cloud is my mom on, maybe she can come play?'"
Smith, 39, tragically died in 2007 after an accidental drug overdose -- a bitter paternity battle between Birkhead and Smith's then boyfriend, Howard K. Stern, followed. But Birkhead won the daddy debacle and with it also inherited the overwhelmingly difficult job of protecting Dannielynn from the media's characterization of her mother.
A British opera house recently staged a satirical production, the 'Anna Nicole' opera, which enraged the doting father.
"One day my daughter is going to see this trash," he said. "These aren't images you want to relate to your child."
We have a feeling that explaining an overseas opera will be the least of Birkhead's worries when Dannielynn hits the asking age.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Coach Getting a Reboot, Craig T. Nelson Will Reprise Role: Details!
- Jake Gyllenhaal Is Insanely Ripped in Intense New Southpaw Trailer: Watch
- Duck Dynasty's Mia Robertson Sells a "Be Brave" Necklace to Support Cleft Palate Mia Moo Fund: Find Out More Here
- Craig Morgan on MSNBC guest's criticism of country music: Comment was 'ignorant'
- Lena Dunham called anti-Semitic for article titled 'Dog or Jewish Boyfriend?'
- FOX411's pic of the day
- We Predict How 7 of Your Favorite Canceled Sitcoms Will Come Back to Life (You're Welcome, Hollywood)
- Little Big Town's ''Girl Crush'' Pulled From Country Radio Stations, Lead Singer Says Song Is ''Not About a Lesbian Relationship''
- One Direction Fans Are Going Through the 5 Stages of Grief Over the Zayn Malik Solo Album Rumors