Larry Birkhead: Anna Nicole Smith's Daughter Just Like Her Mommy
By Kiki Von Glinow Posted Jun 9th 2011 11:45AM
"I see her mom in everything she does," Birkhead told Us Weekly. "We were at the Kentucky Derby and she started smiling and posing like her mom would. People ask me to put her in modeling, but I don't want to push."
But not everything about the Derby day was flash photogs and fun. Birkhead later tweeted that he was battling a publication over a libelous story that was to run about the father-daughter duo: "Spent the entire day yelling at an editor & legal dept. of a newspaper over a false story about me and my daughter at the kentucky derby," he tweeted.
Another thing Dannielynn gets from her mama? Her blunt curiosity.
Speaking about how he explained Smith's death to his young daughter, Birkhead shared, "At first I said, 'Your mommy's up in the clouds.' Then we were on a plane from Kentucky and she asked, 'Which cloud is my mom on, maybe she can come play?'"
Smith, 39, tragically died in 2007 after an accidental drug overdose -- a bitter paternity battle between Birkhead and Smith's then boyfriend, Howard K. Stern, followed. But Birkhead won the daddy debacle and with it also inherited the overwhelmingly difficult job of protecting Dannielynn from the media's characterization of her mother.
A British opera house recently staged a satirical production, the 'Anna Nicole' opera, which enraged the doting father.
"One day my daughter is going to see this trash," he said. "These aren't images you want to relate to your child."
We have a feeling that explaining an overseas opera will be the least of Birkhead's worries when Dannielynn hits the asking age.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian, Miley Cyrus, Jennifer Lopez, More Celebrities Submit Their Racy Self-Portraits to Interview Magazine
- Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer Pregnant With Identical Twin Girls, "Taking Limited Time" Off
- Chris Christie Talks Donald Trump's Crazy Successes, Threatens to "Go Nuclear" in Next Debate
- Benji Madden gushes about Cameron Diaz: ‘I'm the luckiest guy alive'
- Kelly Osbourne congratulates Melissa Rivers on 'Fashion Police'
- Fit model mom Sarah Stage ignores the haters
- James Earl Jones Is Alive! Star Falls Victim to Internet Death Hoax
- Nicole Falls During Catfight at Natalie's Party: "I Think My F--king Foot Is Broken"—Watch the WAGS Clip!
- Chris Bukowski Retires From The Bachelor Franchise—and His Explanation Might Actually Surprise and Move You