Jack White and Karen Elson Celebrate Their Divorce
By Elizabeth Yun Posted Jun 10th 2011 12:39PM
In an interesting twist, the news doesn't come across as particularly sad for White, 35, and Elson, 32. Instead of the high-priced lawyers, courtroom drama and custody battles that have become synonymous with a celebrity split, the quirky twosome has instead decided to throw a party celebrating their six-year anniversary and their impending divorce. The event, which is open only to close friends and family ("no plus ones or dead beats"), will take place tonight (June 10) at a secret location in Nashville, Tenn. The couple has lived in Nashville since they were married.
White and Elson released a statement regarding their upcoming joyous un-nuptials saying, "We remain dear and trusted friends and co-parents to our wonderful children Scarlett and Henry Lee. We feel so fortunate for the time we have shared and the time we will continue to spend both separately and together watching our children grow. In honor of that time shared, we are throwing a divorce party, an evening together in Nashville to re-affirm our friendship and celebrate the past and future with close friends and family."
According to the invitation, posted on the website for their PR reps Nasty Little Man, it promises to be a "positive swing back hum dinger" complete with "dancing, photos, memories, and drinks with alcohol in them." It invites their select guests to "celebrate together this anniversary of the making and breaking of the sacred union of marriage."
If only all divorces were this much fun.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Matt Damon to return to Jason Bourne franchise?
- 'Real Housewives' star Aviva Drescher accused of trying to extort artist
- Danielle Fishel: As a child star 'my curfew was 10 p.m.'
- L.A. Coroner: Lindsay Lohan Was Nowhere Near Whitney Houston's Body
- Katherine Webb & AJ McCarron's Wedding: Exclusive Pics of the Dress, Video and More!
- Extra Scoop: Adrian Peterson Speaks Out, Denies He's a Child Abuser
- Jessica Simpson Looks Skinny In Sweet Birthday Photo With Husband Eric Johnson -- See the Pic!
- Bill Murray Dances to "Turn Down for What," Lets Loose After Dinner Party
- Jerry Seinfeld Reveals Joan Rivers Was to be Lead Guest on Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee, "She Was One of the Greats"