Jack White and Karen Elson Celebrate Their Divorce
By Elizabeth Yun Posted Jun 10th 2011 12:39PM
In an interesting twist, the news doesn't come across as particularly sad for White, 35, and Elson, 32. Instead of the high-priced lawyers, courtroom drama and custody battles that have become synonymous with a celebrity split, the quirky twosome has instead decided to throw a party celebrating their six-year anniversary and their impending divorce. The event, which is open only to close friends and family ("no plus ones or dead beats"), will take place tonight (June 10) at a secret location in Nashville, Tenn. The couple has lived in Nashville since they were married.
White and Elson released a statement regarding their upcoming joyous un-nuptials saying, "We remain dear and trusted friends and co-parents to our wonderful children Scarlett and Henry Lee. We feel so fortunate for the time we have shared and the time we will continue to spend both separately and together watching our children grow. In honor of that time shared, we are throwing a divorce party, an evening together in Nashville to re-affirm our friendship and celebrate the past and future with close friends and family."
According to the invitation, posted on the website for their PR reps Nasty Little Man, it promises to be a "positive swing back hum dinger" complete with "dancing, photos, memories, and drinks with alcohol in them." It invites their select guests to "celebrate together this anniversary of the making and breaking of the sacred union of marriage."
If only all divorces were this much fun.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Will Smith movie 'Focus' tops the box office
- Bruce Willis laments sudden end to action-thriller 'Wake'
- Who may replace Kelly Osbourne on 'Fashion Police?'
- Get the Look! Cara Delevingne's Harry Styles Style
- Lady Gaga and Taylor Kinney Take the Plunge
- ?Fifty Shades' of ?SNL': Dakota Johnson, ISIS and More
- Twins Reunion: Arnold Schwarzenegger Receives Lifetime Achievement Honor From Danny DeVito in Germany
- Taylor Swift Refuses to Address Katy Perry Feud in Interview, Imagines Life at Age 30: "I'll Probably Still Be Single"
- Ludacris' Wife Eudoxie Is Pregnant! See Their Adorable Baby Announcement