Jack White and Karen Elson Celebrate Their Divorce
By Elizabeth Yun Posted Jun 10th 2011 12:39PM
In an interesting twist, the news doesn't come across as particularly sad for White, 35, and Elson, 32. Instead of the high-priced lawyers, courtroom drama and custody battles that have become synonymous with a celebrity split, the quirky twosome has instead decided to throw a party celebrating their six-year anniversary and their impending divorce. The event, which is open only to close friends and family ("no plus ones or dead beats"), will take place tonight (June 10) at a secret location in Nashville, Tenn. The couple has lived in Nashville since they were married.
White and Elson released a statement regarding their upcoming joyous un-nuptials saying, "We remain dear and trusted friends and co-parents to our wonderful children Scarlett and Henry Lee. We feel so fortunate for the time we have shared and the time we will continue to spend both separately and together watching our children grow. In honor of that time shared, we are throwing a divorce party, an evening together in Nashville to re-affirm our friendship and celebrate the past and future with close friends and family."
According to the invitation, posted on the website for their PR reps Nasty Little Man, it promises to be a "positive swing back hum dinger" complete with "dancing, photos, memories, and drinks with alcohol in them." It invites their select guests to "celebrate together this anniversary of the making and breaking of the sacred union of marriage."
If only all divorces were this much fun.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lindsay Lohan: I had a miscarriage
- 'Game of Thrones' recap: Who killed the king?
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at 43
- ?Turn' react: It's Jamie Bell's show after all
- Neil Patrick Harris yells at fan during ?Hedwig' performance
- PopWatch Planner: ?Parks and Rec' finale, ?The Blacklist' big episode, ?John Oliver' premiere, and more
- So Cute! Stars Share Adorable Easter Pics
- 'Game of Thrones': Burning Questions in the Aftermath of the Purple Wedding