What About Tracy Morgan's Sexist Rant, Witness Asks
By Marc Schneider Posted Jun 10th 2011 11:25PM
EXCLUSIVE: For all the negative press and condemnation Tracy Morgan's anti-gay rant during a Nashville stand-up concert has received, little to nothing has been said about the '30 Rock' star's also-vicious assault on women and their place in society during the same infamous performance. An audience member at Ryman Auditorium on June 3 tells PopEater that Morgan had the audience in stitches until, out of nowhere, "the evening went from jokes to a homophobic and women-bashing rant," adding that the "turn was abrupt and insanely odd."
Morgan apologized Friday after the media picked up on one concertgoers' account on Facebook, but while his reprehensible words on gay people are what coaxed an apology from him, our eyewitness says her account would read differently.
"I would have said that he made some pretty awful homophobic comments and then OMGHEHATESWOMEN!," our source said in an e-mail exchange. "What was weird about the homophobic rant is that he tied it up at the end with a joke. I don't feel like he did that with his bit on women. It was just an overall strange few minutes. He was ranting for sure."
"He said all of this weird sh*t about how if women stayed at home, kids wouldn't be doing the sh*t they do today," our source said. "It was some of the most sexist sh*t I've heard outside of an episode of 'Mad Men.' I get that the homophobic rant is sexier to the media, but his remarks against women were really, really offensive."
Morgan copped to the controversial comments and issued an apology, but only to the gay and lesbian community, on Friday within hours of the story picking up steam.
"I want to apologize to my fans and the gay & lesbian community for my choice of words at my recent stand-up act in Nashville," Morgan said. "I'm not a hateful person and don't condone any kind of violence against others. While I am an equal opportunity jokester, and my friends know what is in my heart, even in a comedy club this clearly went too far and was not funny in any context."
The eyewitness feels that as horrible as Tracy's detour to homophobia-ville was, it actually fit appropriately with the show as a whole. "He spent all this time talking about how beautiful women are sexually. To me his gay rant was just playing off of that. Yes, he said amazingly stupid stuff, but at the end of the rant, he said, and I quote, 'If you can take a dick, you can take a joke.'"
That last line varies slightly than the account given by Facebook user Kevin Rogers, who pegged it as "If they can take a f**king dick up their ass ... they can take a f**king joke."
Our source confirms that there was a palpable feeling of unease in the air during the minutes-long rant session, but that the audience never booed and that only a few people walked out. "It was more like a sense of uneasy, disbelief maybe."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jake Gyllenhaal Gets Soaked in Water War With Jimmy Fallon on Tonight Show: Watch
- Taylor Kitsch Kept Tim Riggins' Football Jerseys From Friday Night Lights, Reveals Panther Buddies He Keeps In Touch With
- Kris Jenner Feels Betrayed by Bruce Jenner for Dating Her Friend: "She's Livid"
- Dean McDermott ?Done With Social Media' After Nasty Spat Over Sex Shop Trip With Tori In The Hospital
- Roman Polanski questioned in Poland about 1977 sex with a minor case
- Shania Twain reveals she has more music in the works
- ?Nashville' recap: Family drama shakes up love triangle
- Katniss Threatens Snow in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay—Part 1 Final Trailer, "Burn"—Watch Now!
- Pregnant Milla Jovovich Reveals Sex of Baby No. 2—Find Out What She's Having!
- We Might Not Recover from Tonight's American Horror Story: Freak Show: Our Rants and Raves