What About Tracy Morgan's Sexist Rant, Witness Asks
By Marc Schneider Posted Jun 10th 2011 11:25PM
EXCLUSIVE: For all the negative press and condemnation Tracy Morgan's anti-gay rant during a Nashville stand-up concert has received, little to nothing has been said about the '30 Rock' star's also-vicious assault on women and their place in society during the same infamous performance. An audience member at Ryman Auditorium on June 3 tells PopEater that Morgan had the audience in stitches until, out of nowhere, "the evening went from jokes to a homophobic and women-bashing rant," adding that the "turn was abrupt and insanely odd."
Morgan apologized Friday after the media picked up on one concertgoers' account on Facebook, but while his reprehensible words on gay people are what coaxed an apology from him, our eyewitness says her account would read differently.
"I would have said that he made some pretty awful homophobic comments and then OMGHEHATESWOMEN!," our source said in an e-mail exchange. "What was weird about the homophobic rant is that he tied it up at the end with a joke. I don't feel like he did that with his bit on women. It was just an overall strange few minutes. He was ranting for sure."
"He said all of this weird sh*t about how if women stayed at home, kids wouldn't be doing the sh*t they do today," our source said. "It was some of the most sexist sh*t I've heard outside of an episode of 'Mad Men.' I get that the homophobic rant is sexier to the media, but his remarks against women were really, really offensive."
Morgan copped to the controversial comments and issued an apology, but only to the gay and lesbian community, on Friday within hours of the story picking up steam.
"I want to apologize to my fans and the gay & lesbian community for my choice of words at my recent stand-up act in Nashville," Morgan said. "I'm not a hateful person and don't condone any kind of violence against others. While I am an equal opportunity jokester, and my friends know what is in my heart, even in a comedy club this clearly went too far and was not funny in any context."
The eyewitness feels that as horrible as Tracy's detour to homophobia-ville was, it actually fit appropriately with the show as a whole. "He spent all this time talking about how beautiful women are sexually. To me his gay rant was just playing off of that. Yes, he said amazingly stupid stuff, but at the end of the rant, he said, and I quote, 'If you can take a dick, you can take a joke.'"
That last line varies slightly than the account given by Facebook user Kevin Rogers, who pegged it as "If they can take a f**king dick up their ass ... they can take a f**king joke."
Our source confirms that there was a palpable feeling of unease in the air during the minutes-long rant session, but that the audience never booed and that only a few people walked out. "It was more like a sense of uneasy, disbelief maybe."
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Django Unchained's Daniele Watts Charged With Lewd Conduct: Report
- Kate Middleton Makes First Appearance Since Suffering From Morning Sickness; Blake Lively Shows Off Baby Bump and Cleavage: Top 5 Stories
- Uma Thurman's 16-Year-Old Daughter Maya Looks Almost Identical to Her -- See the Mini-Me Picture!
- It Begins?Again! Prosecutors Open Jodi Arias' Death Penalty Trial With Gruesome Photo
- Off The Wagon? Kyle Richards ?Even More Concerned' About Sister Kim's Sobriety ? Confrontation Caught On Camera!
- Cheating, Drugs & Violence! Anjelica Huston Claims Ryan O'Neal Beat Her —‘I Saw Stars & Reeled Back’
- Toys 'R' Us pulling 'Breaking Bad' dolls from stores, website
- 'Django' actress Daniele Watts charged with lewd conduct
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Sex Tape Bonus Features: Jason Segel Talks Putting His Junk in Cameron Diaz's Face—Plus, Bloopers! Watch Now!
- Why We're Laugh-Puking at Sons of Anarchy and Why We Love-Hate The Voice: Our Rants and Raves
- New Mom Scarlett Johansson Makes Barbara Walters' List of 10 Most Fascinating People of 2014—See Who Else Made the Cut!