E Street Band Member Clarence Clemons Suffers a Stroke
By Christo Varghese Posted Jun 12th 2011 11:55PM
Rolling Stone is confirming reports which have said that Clemons is "seriously ill after a stroke at his home in Florida."
The severity of the stroke cannot be confirmed, as of now.
Clemons, 69, known by fans as 'The Big Man', has been playing the saxophone and performing with Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band for more than three decades.
Clemons has had a string of medical ailments in recent years, mostly involving his back and knees. In the past year, Clemons has had both knees replaced and spinal fusion surgery.
Even when his medical conditions caused him to suffer a tremendous amount of pain and discomfort, Clemons has not missed any concerts.
After finishing up his last tour with Springsteen and the band, he is quoted by Rolling Stone saying that he was in a lot of pain during the tour, "That last tour was hell. Pure hell."
Nevertheless, Clemons has been very busy; He played on two songs in Lady Gaga's new album 'Born This Way', and even performed with her on the season finale of 'American Idol' last month.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- GoDaddy pulls Super Bowl puppy ad after outrage from animal rescue groups
- Alfred Hitchcock's shelved Holocaust documentary cannot be denied
- Larry Wilmore takes on ?American Sniper' on ?The Nightly Show'
- Jessica Chobot previews 2015's most exciting releases, from ?No Man's Sky' to ?Mad Max'
- ?Grim Fandango' creator Tim Schafer on the adventure-game revival
- Extra Scoop: We're Going to See Katie Holmes on TV Again!
- Mandy Moore May Have Hinted at Divorce on Instagram
- Taylor Swift's Reaction to 'Nude' Hacker Threat Is Priceless
- Eddie Redmayne: My Wife and I Love Friends, Stalked Jennifer Aniston
- Ryan Knight's Ex-Girlfriend Jemmye Carroll Reflects on His Death: "Living Too Fast Was His Motto"
- Gabrielle Union Explains Why She Asked Dwyane Wade for a Prenup: "I Have My Own Wagon and Star"