E Street Band Member Clarence Clemons Suffers a Stroke
By Christo Varghese Posted Jun 12th 2011 11:55PM
Rolling Stone is confirming reports which have said that Clemons is "seriously ill after a stroke at his home in Florida."
The severity of the stroke cannot be confirmed, as of now.
Clemons, 69, known by fans as 'The Big Man', has been playing the saxophone and performing with Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band for more than three decades.
Clemons has had a string of medical ailments in recent years, mostly involving his back and knees. In the past year, Clemons has had both knees replaced and spinal fusion surgery.
Even when his medical conditions caused him to suffer a tremendous amount of pain and discomfort, Clemons has not missed any concerts.
After finishing up his last tour with Springsteen and the band, he is quoted by Rolling Stone saying that he was in a lot of pain during the tour, "That last tour was hell. Pure hell."
Nevertheless, Clemons has been very busy; He played on two songs in Lady Gaga's new album 'Born This Way', and even performed with her on the season finale of 'American Idol' last month.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Blake Shelton grows up on new album 'Bringing Back the Sunshine'
- Norway Funeral Home refuses to bury Casey Kasem
- Amanda Bynes arrested on on suspicion of DUI
- New Banksy artwork appears in English seaside town
- Why Kirby v. Marvel mattered
- You need to watch ?The Simpsons' premiere's insane opening sequence
- Amanda Bynes DUI: Her Parents Speak Out
- George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's Wedding Photos! See Her Dress
- Extra Scoop: Walmart Faults Tracy Morgan for Not Wearing Seat Belt