E Street Band Member Clarence Clemons Suffers a Stroke
By Christo Varghese Posted Jun 12th 2011 11:55PM
Rolling Stone is confirming reports which have said that Clemons is "seriously ill after a stroke at his home in Florida."
The severity of the stroke cannot be confirmed, as of now.
Clemons, 69, known by fans as 'The Big Man', has been playing the saxophone and performing with Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band for more than three decades.
Clemons has had a string of medical ailments in recent years, mostly involving his back and knees. In the past year, Clemons has had both knees replaced and spinal fusion surgery.
Even when his medical conditions caused him to suffer a tremendous amount of pain and discomfort, Clemons has not missed any concerts.
After finishing up his last tour with Springsteen and the band, he is quoted by Rolling Stone saying that he was in a lot of pain during the tour, "That last tour was hell. Pure hell."
Nevertheless, Clemons has been very busy; He played on two songs in Lady Gaga's new album 'Born This Way', and even performed with her on the season finale of 'American Idol' last month.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Vogue sued for Kim Kardashian/Kanye West photo shoot video
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Prince and Warner Music make up after epic legal battle
- ?Salem' review: ?American Horror Story' lite
- ?Devious Maids': Five ideas for plot twists this season
- ?Parks and Recreation' and babies: What will happen to the show?
- Extra Scoop: 5 Biggest Reveals from the ?Scandal' Season 3 Finale and More!
- Kim Novak Fires Back at Oscar 'Bullies' Who Made Fun of Her Face
- The Beckhams' Sexy Getaway in? Utah? See the Pics!
- Cate Blanchett's Stylist Elizabeth Stewart Shares Her Secrets to Wearing Any Look
- Kirsten Dunst on Whether She's Ever Slept WIth Directors: "I Don't Give Off That Vibe"