Lily Allen Weds, Groom Announces: She's Pregnant
By Christine Fenno Posted Jun 12th 2011 06:08AM
British recording artist Lily Allen, 26, is a married woman. The outspoken pop star wore a lacy veiled headress, platform heels and a traditional white gown by French designer Delphine Manivet as she exchanged vows Saturday with longtime beau Sam Cooper.
The ceremony took place in the English countryside, at a centuries-old church in the quaint Gloucestershire village of Cranham, where a cheering crowd gathered to catch a glimpse of the newlyweds as they exited the house of worship.
Fans were alerted to the singer's nuptials when a guest leaked the Save-the-Date card to the press back in March.
About 100 guests reportedly attended the wedding, with 300 friends and family in attendance at the private reception on the grounds of an estate the Grammy nominee owns in Cranham.
The bride's father, musician and actor Keith Allen, walked her down the aisle, according to People.com.
The happy couple, who began dating in 2009, got engaged when Cooper popped the question on Christmas Day 2010 while vacationing with Allen in Bali.
Heartbreak plagued Allen's personal life in the past two years, as she suffered her second miscarriage in October 2010. Allen has described Cooper, 32, as "the love of my life."
MORE ABOUT Lily Allen
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Lily Allen Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Alabama to release first new country album in 14 years
- Judge: Sale of convent to Katy Perry likely invalid
- Relativity Media files for bankruptcy protection
- Extra Scoop: Madonna's Ex Gets Hitched! See Guy Ritchie's Beautiful Bride
- Chaz Bono Shows Off Dramatic Weight Loss, Talks Caitlyn and New Serial Killer Role
- Jennifer Lawrence & Amy Schumer Are Friends?
- Courtesy of Ashley Benson, Try These Two Ridiculously Easy (and Gorgeous) Summer Hairstyles
- Entourage's 10 Best Celebrity Cameos, From Kanye West to Martin Scorsese
- J.K. Rowling Uncovers Shocking Ancestral Connections to Her Single Mother Struggles on Who Do You Think You Are?: Watch the Sneak Peek!