Lily Allen Weds, Groom Announces: She's Pregnant
By Christine Fenno Posted Jun 12th 2011 06:08AM
British recording artist Lily Allen, 26, is a married woman. The outspoken pop star wore a lacy veiled headress, platform heels and a traditional white gown by French designer Delphine Manivet as she exchanged vows Saturday with longtime beau Sam Cooper.
The ceremony took place in the English countryside, at a centuries-old church in the quaint Gloucestershire village of Cranham, where a cheering crowd gathered to catch a glimpse of the newlyweds as they exited the house of worship.
Fans were alerted to the singer's nuptials when a guest leaked the Save-the-Date card to the press back in March.
About 100 guests reportedly attended the wedding, with 300 friends and family in attendance at the private reception on the grounds of an estate the Grammy nominee owns in Cranham.
The bride's father, musician and actor Keith Allen, walked her down the aisle, according to People.com.
The happy couple, who began dating in 2009, got engaged when Cooper popped the question on Christmas Day 2010 while vacationing with Allen in Bali.
Heartbreak plagued Allen's personal life in the past two years, as she suffered her second miscarriage in October 2010. Allen has described Cooper, 32, as "the love of my life."
MORE ABOUT Lily Allen
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Lily Allen Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Diana Douglas, first wife of Kirk Douglas, dies at 92
- Stars in stripes
- Illinois city condemns Dick Van Dyke's childhood home
- Christening Time for Princess Charlotte!
- Red, White & 'I Do!': Surprise 4th of July Weddings!
- Diana Douglas, Mother of Michael Douglas, Dies at 92
- Kate Middleton Arrives at Princess Charlotte Christening, Stuns in Alexander McQueen Dress
- Prince George Walks to Princess Charlotte's Christening, Holds Prince William's Hand: Cute Pics!
- Princess Charlotte Arrives at Christening Wearing Same Historic Gown Worn by Prince George at His Christening