Neil Patrick Harris, Hugh Jackman Have a 'Host-Off' at Tony Awards (Video)
By AOL TV Editors Posted Jun 13th 2011 09:42AM
'How I Met Your Mother' star Neil Patrick Harris defended his right to host the Tony Awards against former Tony MC Hugh Jackman.
Dueling it out in a very Great White Way, Harris and Jackman referenced the past 60 years of Broadway and Hollywood musicals in a toe-tapping bid to outdo one another onstage at New York's Beacon Theatre.
So who won the oh-so-charming dance-off, and who proved to be a hacky pop culture icon disguised as a bonafide Broadway talent? It's hard to tell. Both Harris and Jackman never seemed to miss a step as they kicked off Tony night or, should we say, 'The Book of Mormon' night?
The critically acclaimed musical from Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the creators of 'South Park,' earned nine Tony Awards, including Best Musical, Best Original Score and Best Book of a Musical.
For a full list of winners at the 2011 Tony Awards, click here.
See more at AOL TV.
MORE ABOUT Neil Patrick Harris
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Neil Patrick Harris Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Ted Turner hospitalized in South America
- Taylor Swift befriends a Victoria's Secret beauty
- Experts explain release of Justin Bieber's jail footage
- IDW to release Harlan Ellison's ?Star Trek' tale ?The City on the Edge of Tomorrow' as new graphic novel
- Jimmy Kimmel enlists ?Scandal' stars for Spanish series ?Escandalo' ? VIDEO
- President Obama misspells Aretha Franklin's hit song ?Respect'
- Aww! Prince Harry and Cressida Bonas Share a Sweet Kiss
- No Bridezilla Here! Hayden Panettiere Is Laid-Back About Her Wedding
- Jennie Garth on Peter Facinelli Divorce Aftermath: "It's Important to Let Yourself Fall Apart"
- Jennifer Lawrence's Best Friend Laura Simpson Spills About Star's Red Carpet Fall, Celebrity Interactions at Oscars
- Nicholas Hoult Talks Dating Jennifer Lawrence, "What Makes Her Special"