'Spider-Man' Producer Laura Ziskin Passes Away
By Kelly Fisher Posted Jun 13th 2011 07:04AM
According to E! Online, in addition to her work on 'Spider-Man,' she also served as a producer for the 1990 hit 'Pretty Woman.' In 2002, she was also the first woman to serve as a solo producer for the Academy Awards -- a role for which she won several Emmy Awards.
Ziskin was diagnosed with Stage 3 breast cancer in 2004 and decided to co-found the cancer-fighting organization Stand Up To Cancer (SU2C).
"It is with great sadness that we share with you the news that our colleague and dear friend Laura Ziskin, co-founder of Stand Up To Cancer, passed away peacefully today at her home in Santa Monica, California," the organization said in a statement.
"While our hearts are broken, this loss strengthens the determination of the entire Stand Up To Cancer family to make Laura's fervent wish one day become a reality: to make it possible for everyone diagnosed with cancer to become long term survivors," the statement continued.
Christina Applegate, a breast cancer survivor, tweeted in honor of Ziskin Sunday night. "Just heard that the remarkable, talented, amazing Laura Ziskin has passed away! #su2c we will continue to fight for you!!! Bless you Laura!" she wrote.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Celebs donate $500,000 scholarships to students on UNCF show
- Lena Dunham: 'When I was raped, I felt powerless'
- Scarlett Johansson says it was hard being married to another actor
- Obama's Anger Translator Joins Him to Slam Opponents at White House Correspondents' Dinner (Video)
- Tribeca: Brad Bird Shows 'Tomorrowland' Clip, Defends Tom Cruise As Janeane Garofalo Jokes About Scientology
- 'Outlander' Writer on Introducing Jamie's Sister and "Intense" Black Jack Scene
- The Top 10 Cheesiest Movie Quotes of All Time
- 8 Bizarre Batman Facts You (Probably) Don't Know
- 9 Things We Want to See on 'Fuller House'