'Spider-Man' Producer Laura Ziskin Passes Away
By Kelly Fisher Posted Jun 13th 2011 07:04AM
According to E! Online, in addition to her work on 'Spider-Man,' she also served as a producer for the 1990 hit 'Pretty Woman.' In 2002, she was also the first woman to serve as a solo producer for the Academy Awards -- a role for which she won several Emmy Awards.
Ziskin was diagnosed with Stage 3 breast cancer in 2004 and decided to co-found the cancer-fighting organization Stand Up To Cancer (SU2C).
"It is with great sadness that we share with you the news that our colleague and dear friend Laura Ziskin, co-founder of Stand Up To Cancer, passed away peacefully today at her home in Santa Monica, California," the organization said in a statement.
"While our hearts are broken, this loss strengthens the determination of the entire Stand Up To Cancer family to make Laura's fervent wish one day become a reality: to make it possible for everyone diagnosed with cancer to become long term survivors," the statement continued.
Christina Applegate, a breast cancer survivor, tweeted in honor of Ziskin Sunday night. "Just heard that the remarkable, talented, amazing Laura Ziskin has passed away! #su2c we will continue to fight for you!!! Bless you Laura!" she wrote.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
FOX 411FEEDMore From Fox News Li
- Patrick Stewart To Star In Indie Thriller 'Green Room'
- L.M. Kit Carson, a Legend of Texas Film, Dies at 73
- 'Back to The Future' to Receive Live Orchestra Accompaniment for 30th Anniversary Rerelease
- Shia LaBeouf admits he used to follow Alec Baldwin home in ?Interview'
- ?Orphan Black' star Tatiana Maslany to make New York stage debut
- After 2 Seasons, FX Has Cancelled 'The Bridge'
- 'The Flash' & 'Jane the Virgin' Get Full Season Orders at CW
- Babs is Back! Barbara Walters Will Host 'Most Fascinating' Special Again