'Spider-Man' Producer Laura Ziskin Passes Away
By Kelly Fisher Posted Jun 13th 2011 07:04AM
According to E! Online, in addition to her work on 'Spider-Man,' she also served as a producer for the 1990 hit 'Pretty Woman.' In 2002, she was also the first woman to serve as a solo producer for the Academy Awards -- a role for which she won several Emmy Awards.
Ziskin was diagnosed with Stage 3 breast cancer in 2004 and decided to co-found the cancer-fighting organization Stand Up To Cancer (SU2C).
"It is with great sadness that we share with you the news that our colleague and dear friend Laura Ziskin, co-founder of Stand Up To Cancer, passed away peacefully today at her home in Santa Monica, California," the organization said in a statement.
"While our hearts are broken, this loss strengthens the determination of the entire Stand Up To Cancer family to make Laura's fervent wish one day become a reality: to make it possible for everyone diagnosed with cancer to become long term survivors," the statement continued.
Christina Applegate, a breast cancer survivor, tweeted in honor of Ziskin Sunday night. "Just heard that the remarkable, talented, amazing Laura Ziskin has passed away! #su2c we will continue to fight for you!!! Bless you Laura!" she wrote.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Gene Simmons to women: Stop depending on men
- Jim Parsons to star in NBC's ?Elf' animated holiday special
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Watch Intense New Trailer for Fox's Hip-Hop Drama 'Empire'
- ABC's 'Manhattan Love Story' Canceled
- Morelia Film Fest: Transgender Drama 'Carmin Tropical' Wins Top Prize
- ?Constantine' star Matt Ryan is a super binge watcher
- Entertainment Geekly: How ?The Walking Dead' is ?Lord of the Rings'
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch try to walk like Beyonce
- Miles Teller, J.K. Simmons on 'Whiplash,' Drumming and Stoking Passion
- Wanted: Female Director for DC Comics 'Wonder Woman' Movie
- 'Whiplash' Director Damien Chazelle on His Film's Success and the Burdens of Drumming