'Spider-Man' Producer Laura Ziskin Passes Away
By Kelly Fisher Posted Jun 13th 2011 07:04AM
According to E! Online, in addition to her work on 'Spider-Man,' she also served as a producer for the 1990 hit 'Pretty Woman.' In 2002, she was also the first woman to serve as a solo producer for the Academy Awards -- a role for which she won several Emmy Awards.
Ziskin was diagnosed with Stage 3 breast cancer in 2004 and decided to co-found the cancer-fighting organization Stand Up To Cancer (SU2C).
"It is with great sadness that we share with you the news that our colleague and dear friend Laura Ziskin, co-founder of Stand Up To Cancer, passed away peacefully today at her home in Santa Monica, California," the organization said in a statement.
"While our hearts are broken, this loss strengthens the determination of the entire Stand Up To Cancer family to make Laura's fervent wish one day become a reality: to make it possible for everyone diagnosed with cancer to become long term survivors," the statement continued.
Christina Applegate, a breast cancer survivor, tweeted in honor of Ziskin Sunday night. "Just heard that the remarkable, talented, amazing Laura Ziskin has passed away! #su2c we will continue to fight for you!!! Bless you Laura!" she wrote.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Donald Trump calls NBC 'weak and foolish' after they sever ties with GOP hopeful
- Diddy's son Quincy says his father's arrest was a 'hiccup'
- Why Madonna is on dating app Grindr
- 'UnREAL' Actress on Faith's Shocking Reveal: "It's an Important Story to Tell"
- 'The Whispers' Mystery Exposed
- 'Ant-Man' Shrinks Down in First Clip
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- Paul Feig Unveils Costumes for All-Female 'Ghostbusters'
- 7 On-Set Celeb Accidents That Will Make You Cringe
- 7 Things You Probably Didn't Know About 'Back to the Future'