Cop Sues Jersey 'Housewives' Cast for Alleged Beating
By PopEater Staff Posted Jun 13th 2011 06:16PM
Adolfo Arreola, who works for the University of Illinois at Chicago's police department, alleges that he suffered a broken arm, cuts, bruises and had blurred vision after members of the 'Housewives' cast "savagely beat, kicked, punched, scratched" and cracked a glass over his head during an altercation that began with Teresa Giudice in a Hard Rock Hotel & Casino bar in Punta Cana on Feb. 23. Also in the Chicago Tribune report, the police officer's cousin, Jason A. Gomez, alleges he suffered a broken leg while trying to help out Arreola.
Their lawsuits, filed both in New York and Miami, paint a bizarre scene that became raucous when Arreola confronted Giudice for spraying champagne on his 53-year-old mother in law, Yolanda Martinez. According to the complaint, several 'Housewives' cast mates, including Giudice's husband Joe along with Caroline Manzo's sons Albert and Christopher approached and proceeded to pummel him.
The Bravo network is named in the lawsuits as well and the cousins allege that the cast and crew of 'RHONJ' were being plied with alcohol to make them more rowdy for a scene. The reality stars reportedly became "intoxicated, belligerent and rowdy" and that's when Teresa began spraying Champagne, which got in Martinez's eyes.
"They were laughing at me like it was funny," she said in the complaint. "They were right in my face. I felt humiliated."
Though Arreola said he identified himself as a police officer, the Giudice and Manzo crew began pummeling him and, soon, Gomez. A vow renewal ceremony that the Arreola family was in the Dominican to attend was canceled.
Footage presumably exists of the incident and the lawsuits ask Bravo to present it.
The next day, local authorities called all the men in to discuss what happened. It was then that they handed over their passports and were given access to lawyers. According to the cousins, each were offered $25,000 apiece in exchange for their silence, a deal they took on the advice of their lawyer because they wanted to get their passports back.
It's not immediately clear where this money originated from.
As for the cousins, Arreola underwent surgery on his right arm and is currently undergoing physical therapy. Since he shoots a gun with his right hand, he can't return to his job until he is cleared. Gomez is still on crutches and has two pins in his knee after the brawl.
A spokeswoman for Bravo told the Tribune that the network and the cast members decline to comment on the accusations.
Real Housewives of New Jersey
NEW YORK, NY - MAY 19: (L-R) TV personalities Melissa Gorga, Teresa Giudice, Caroline Manzo, Jacqueline Laurita and Kathy Wakile of the "The Real Housewives Of New Jersey" visits the SiriusXM Studio on May 19, 2011 in New York City. (Photo by Neilson Barnard/Getty Images)
Getty Images North America
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kristen Bell Gives Birth, Welcomes Second Baby Girl With Dax Shepard: See Her Name!
- Sony CEO Michael Lynton Defends The Interview Decision: "We Have Not Backed Down"
- Lance Bass' Wedding Location Revealed! 'N Sync Singer to Marry Michael Turchin
- Sony defends decision to shelve release of 'The Interview,' saying studio 'had no choice'
- 14 movies that may not have made it to theaters today
- Hackers praise Sony for 'The Interview' cancellation, make new threats
- This Guy Is Casually Hanging Out With Nicki Minaj's Naked Booty (Sorta)—See the Funny Pic!
- Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard Welcome Another Baby Girl, Their Second Child Together—Check Out Her Name!
- So Anna Kendrick and Eddie Redmayne Used to Have a Thing for Animated Animals—and Liam Neeson Had the Hots for a Cartoon Too!