Wedding's Off for Hugh Hefner: 'Crystal Has Had a Change of Heart'
By PopEater Staff Posted Jun 14th 2011 02:45PM
The third time was anything but a charm for Hugh Hefner, whose wedding to Crystal Harris has been called off. "The wedding is off," Hefner glumly told his Twitter followers Tuesday. "Crystal has had a change of heart." According to TMZ, the 25-year-old model left the Playboy Mansion over the weekend after having a fight with the publishing mogul, 60 years her senior.
Multiple sources told the site that Harris moved her things out of the mansion and that the wedding, set for Saturday June 18, was canceled. It would have been Hefner's third marriage.
Harris, who earlier in the day promoted a comedic video that revolves around her relationship, released a statement on her website to explain her decision.
"After much deep reflection and thought I have decided to end my engagement with Hef," she wrote. "I have the utmost respect for Hef and wish him the best going forward. I hope the media will give each of us the privacy we deserve during this time."
Hefner didn't hint at any domestic disruptions on Saturday when he tweeted to a fan in England the details of the wedding. "The wedding is next Saturday (June 18)," he wrote. "And airs on Lifetime on July 13." He was also a major presence at the Playboy Jazz Festival, where he was spotted on Saturday with Harris on the festival grounds.
Hefner, 85, and Harris, 25, began dating in January 2009 and became engaged around Christmas. The blond bombshell was slated to wear a pink wedding gown when she walked down the aisle in the backyard of the Playboy Mansion and, according to the couple, the nuptials were to be a colorful affair not unlike a "garden party." About 300 people were invited.
One of Hefner's former girlfriends, Holly Madison, expressed concern early on in the engagement that the couple was moving too fast and that Harris could potentially hurt her ex-beau.
"I think it's possible Crystal could break Hef's heart," Madison said. "They could end up divorcing, and she could take half his money."
Hef was previously married to Mildred Williams and Kimberly Conrad.
Harris lampooned the 60-year age gap with Hefner in a Funny or Die video released just today. In it, she promotes the 'The Playboy App' for smartphones that will make you "knowledgeable about things older people are interested in, which is helpful when you're dating Hugh Hefner." She sent a link to the video to her 175,000 Twitter followers, even though she had already left Hefner.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kanye West Gifts Taylor Swift With a Bouquet, But It's Nothing Compared to Kim Kardashian's: Picture
- Mindy Kaling: B.J. Novak Gives Me "an Intoxicating Feeling"
- Katie Holmes Shows Off "Artist" Suri Cruise's Sidewalk Handiwork
- Ex-Miss Nevada Katherine Reese busted again for meth possession, report says
- 'Airplane Repo' star Mike Kennedy: Community overreacting to escaped King Cobra
- Video resurfaces of Jared Fogle commenting on 'To Catch a Predator'
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Resolving Australian Dog Deportation Drama: ''I Killed My Dogs and Ate Them''
- Back On! Emma Roberts and Evan Peters Spotted Holding Hands Almost 3 Months After Ending Engagement
- Kanye West Sends New BFF Taylor Swift "the Coolest Flowers''—but Were They Taken from Kim's Rose Wall?!