Wedding's Off for Hugh Hefner: 'Crystal Has Had a Change of Heart'
By PopEater Staff Posted Jun 14th 2011 02:45PM
The third time was anything but a charm for Hugh Hefner, whose wedding to Crystal Harris has been called off. "The wedding is off," Hefner glumly told his Twitter followers Tuesday. "Crystal has had a change of heart." According to TMZ, the 25-year-old model left the Playboy Mansion over the weekend after having a fight with the publishing mogul, 60 years her senior.
Multiple sources told the site that Harris moved her things out of the mansion and that the wedding, set for Saturday June 18, was canceled. It would have been Hefner's third marriage.
Harris, who earlier in the day promoted a comedic video that revolves around her relationship, released a statement on her website to explain her decision.
"After much deep reflection and thought I have decided to end my engagement with Hef," she wrote. "I have the utmost respect for Hef and wish him the best going forward. I hope the media will give each of us the privacy we deserve during this time."
Hefner didn't hint at any domestic disruptions on Saturday when he tweeted to a fan in England the details of the wedding. "The wedding is next Saturday (June 18)," he wrote. "And airs on Lifetime on July 13." He was also a major presence at the Playboy Jazz Festival, where he was spotted on Saturday with Harris on the festival grounds.
Hefner, 85, and Harris, 25, began dating in January 2009 and became engaged around Christmas. The blond bombshell was slated to wear a pink wedding gown when she walked down the aisle in the backyard of the Playboy Mansion and, according to the couple, the nuptials were to be a colorful affair not unlike a "garden party." About 300 people were invited.
One of Hefner's former girlfriends, Holly Madison, expressed concern early on in the engagement that the couple was moving too fast and that Harris could potentially hurt her ex-beau.
"I think it's possible Crystal could break Hef's heart," Madison said. "They could end up divorcing, and she could take half his money."
Hef was previously married to Mildred Williams and Kimberly Conrad.
Harris lampooned the 60-year age gap with Hefner in a Funny or Die video released just today. In it, she promotes the 'The Playboy App' for smartphones that will make you "knowledgeable about things older people are interested in, which is helpful when you're dating Hugh Hefner." She sent a link to the video to her 175,000 Twitter followers, even though she had already left Hefner.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Mama June's Daughter Anna Cardwell Claims She Was Molested By Mother's Boyfriend
- Diddy as Prince, Ellen as Nicki! See Celebs Dressed as Other Stars For Halloween
- Amal Alamuddin Goes Hollywood Glam In Gold Dress For Second Wedding Party: Photos
- Jake Steinfeld Joins Governors Across The Country To Open Live Positively Fitness Centers
- More Problems For Leah Messer! ‘Teen Mom 2′ Star & Husband Jeremy Calvert Hit With A $10K Tax Lien
- Cream vocalist, bassist Jack Bruce dies at 71
- Rumer Willis is 'blown away' by her sister Tallulah's strength
- 'Breaking Bad's' Aaron Paul slams Toys R Us over recall
- Katy Perry Turns 30 Today! Celebrate the Singer's Birthday by Looking Back at Her Hair Changes Through the Years
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates Birthday Las Vegas-Style With Kanye West, Family and Friends
- Who Wore it Best? Supernatural's Castiel vs. Constantine's John Constantine