Is Oprah Winfrey Helping or Using Sarah Ferguson?
By Rob Shuter Posted Jun 14th 2011 08:12PM
In May of last year, Sarah Ferguson was once again embroiled in scandal when she was caught attempting to sell access to her ex-husband, Prince Andrew. Brought to her knees financially, Fergie reached out to Oprah Winfrey. After promising the Queen of TV she would not do 'Dancing With the Stars' (and a cooking show in Australia), the cash-strapped Duchess of York agreed to do her own show, 'Finding Sarah,' on Oprah's fledgling network, OWN.
"It is one thing for Oprah to offer up Dr. Phil and Suzie Orman to help the Duchess, it's another to convince her to document the entire journey on camera," a friend of Sarah's tells me. "You have to wonder who is helping who in this situation. Is Oprah trying to help her network get viewers by exploiting Sarah or is she genuinely trying to get the Duchess help?"
The show, which premiered Sunday, follows Sarah on a six-episode docu-series offering a glimpse into her struggles to find herself, including a painful look at her past and harsh advice with Dr. Phil and Suzie Orman.
"Oprah could have offered all of this in private," one TV insider tells me. "Is it really going to help Sarah having her entire past dug up again so publicly? No way."
Plus, as people who have seen Sarah since she finished the process, she seems more vulnerable and insecure then ever before.
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
MORE ABOUT Oprah Winfrey
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Oprah Winfrey Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jennifer Lopez's Ex-Boyfriend Casper Smart Wishes "The Most Beautiful Lil Bear" a Happy Birthday: Picture
- Fifi Geldof Writes Angry Message After Late Sister Peaches Geldof's Autopsy Results
- Taylor Swift Gives Advice About Unrequited Love to a Young Fan: Read Her Instagram Response
- Susan Richardson, Of ?Eight Is Enough' Fame, Opens Up About Battles With Health, Finances, Death & More
- Dressed To Kill? Celebs Show Us Their Best And Worst Fashion Choices ? See The Looks And Decide Which Ones You Love And Hate!
- Will.I.Am’s Secret Family Shame ? Older Brother Is Convicted Felon Who Spent 5 Years In Prison For Spousal Battery
- Queen Elizabeth II photobombs young tourists' selfie
- Mystery still surrounds the whereabouts of Casey Kasem's remains
- LeAnn & Eddie recap: Has LeAnn forgotten her southern roots?
- Investigators Solve "Creepy and Disturbing" Porcelain Doll Case in California—Get the Scoop!
- Is Charlize Theron Engaged to Sean Penn? Star Spotted With Gleaming Ring on That Finger
- Justin Theroux Jokes About "Bad Boy" Image by Googling His Many "Mug Shots" on Jimmy Kimmel Live!