Mildred Baena on Love Child: 'It Wasn't Arnie's Fault, It Takes Two'
By Kiki Von Glinow Posted Jun 14th 2011 01:15PM
But Baena, 50, didn't always know that her son, Joseph, belonged to 'The Terminator.' Although, she had her suspicions when the young boy began to resemble his Austrian father.
"It was as Joseph grew and I started to see the resemblance that I wondered -- but it became more apparent as time went on," Baena told Hello! magazine. "I knew Arnold was the father, and maybe as Joseph got older and began to look like him, [Arnold] wondered. But he never said anything to me."
Unfortunately it wasn't only Schwarzenegger and Baena that had suspicions that their affair could have resulted in a child. The former governor's wife, Maria Shriver, alluded to Baena that she also noticed the similarities between Joseph and his biological father, her husband.
"She would say things like, 'I'm here if you need to talk,'" Baena recalls. "Finally, she asked point blank. Maria asked me directly if Joseph was Arnold's son, and I just broke down. I dropped to my knees and I was crying, saying that yes he was and I was so sorry."
But Baena was not confronted with your average rage-filled wife, having just discovered that her husband classically cheated on her with the family's housekeeper of twenty years.
"She was so strong," Baena said. "She cried with me and told me to get off my knees. We held each other and I told her it wasn't Arnie's fault, that it takes two."
Although the news was difficult for Shriver to digest, Baena's son had a much different reaction. When she explained to him, at the age of 13, that Schwarzenegger was his biological father, Joseph simply responded, "Cool."
Shriver recognized that her heartbreak could not get in the way of doing what was best for her husband's son.
"Since I was retiring soon, I said I would pack and leave right away," Baena said of her initial thought to immediately leave the Schwarzenegger household. "But [Shriver] said to stay until after the holidays."
Taking responsibility for her role in devastating a family, Baena hopes that her former employer and lover will be able to reconcile with his wife.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Zayn Malik Packs on the PDA With Fiancee Perrie Edwards After Exiting One Direction ? See the Vacay Snap
- Kate Burton Isn't Afraid of Aging -- Find Out Why the Full Circle Star Said No to Plastic Surgery
- Katy Perry Accidentally Gives Out Her Phone Number While Sharing Video of Dog Butters, Fans Freak Out Trying to Help Her
- Scott Weiland & the Wildabouts' guitarist Jeremy Brown dies at 34
- 'Brooklyn 99' star Chelsea Peretti helped broke ball player
- Tom Hanks' son Chet Haze threatens Howard Stern
- Zayn Malik Doesn't Look Like He's Missing One Direction One Bit While on Vacation With Perrie Edwards: See Their PDA Pic!
- Alright! The Going Rate for a Matthew McConnaughey Speech Is $135,000
- Prince Harry, aka Captain Wales, Gets Ready to Return to Army Duty One Last Time—in Australia: All the Details!