Mom Gets Selena Gomez to Alter 'Insane' Schedule
By Rob Shuter Posted Jun 14th 2011 09:06AM
Those close to Selena Gomez were shocked when the Disney star had to be hospitalized because she felt exhausted and malnourished, and now sources reveal her mother, Mandy Teefey, is stepping in to make sure she slows down her intense schedule.
"Her schedule is insane," a Selena insider tells me. "She is one of the hardest working people in show business but now even Selena knows she needs to slow down. You have no idea how much work goes into promoting a record or a film."
The 18-year-old 'Bang Bang Bang' singer was rushed to the hospital Thursday night and explained at a concert last night that she was "just very malnourished, so I was low on iron and exhausted."
She's out promoting her new film, 'Monte Carlo' (and her hot new single, listen below), and despite just coming off a health scare this week will be a busy one for her. This Friday she's scheduled to do over 30 interviews (including with me) and that all comes after she's supposed to get up at 5:00 a.m. to perform her new song on 'Good Morning America.'
There were rumors floating around that the 'GMA' performance date may be rescheduled, but ABC confirmed to me and PopEater that it's going on as planned.
In any case, the singer-actress (and girlfriend to you-know-who) will be slowing things down to make sure she's healthy, and the guiding force behind this is her mom, Mandy.
"Selena's mom is amazing," a friend of the family tells me. "She doesn't want to be in the spotlight herself like so many other celebrity parents. Instead she just wants to make sure that her daughter remains normal while living such an extraordinary life."
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
- Filed under:
- Movie News -
- Music News -
- TV News -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
MORE ABOUT Selena Gomez
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Selena Gomez Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Helen Mirren dresses like Queen Elizabeth, grants sick child's wish to meet royality
- Tim Burton: ?Everyone thinks I'm about death!'
- 'Teen Mom' Farrah Abraham gets new reality show
Huffington Post - EntertainmentFEED
- Thanks 'Star Wars' For These 30 Things
- WATCH: 'Beer Of Thrones' Will Make You Drunk And Medieval
- Summer In Michigan Means Non-Stop Festivals
- ?Friends' reunion alert! Matthew Perry has some advice for Jennifer Aniston ? VIDEO
- Jimmy Kimmel's ?The Baby Bachelor' continues his search for true love ? VIDEO
- ?Star Trek': Damon Lindelof apologizes for showing Alice Eve in her underwear. (Seriously?)
- Video! O.J. Simpson's Ex-Girlfriend Says She Feared for Her Life
- New ?Man of Steel' Trailer: General Zod Means Business
- ?DWTS' Winner: Kellie Pickler Takes Home the Mirrored Ball