Mom Gets Selena Gomez to Alter 'Insane' Schedule
By Rob Shuter Posted Jun 14th 2011 09:06AM
Those close to Selena Gomez were shocked when the Disney star had to be hospitalized because she felt exhausted and malnourished, and now sources reveal her mother, Mandy Teefey, is stepping in to make sure she slows down her intense schedule.
"Her schedule is insane," a Selena insider tells me. "She is one of the hardest working people in show business but now even Selena knows she needs to slow down. You have no idea how much work goes into promoting a record or a film."
The 18-year-old 'Bang Bang Bang' singer was rushed to the hospital Thursday night and explained at a concert last night that she was "just very malnourished, so I was low on iron and exhausted."
She's out promoting her new film, 'Monte Carlo' (and her hot new single, listen below), and despite just coming off a health scare this week will be a busy one for her. This Friday she's scheduled to do over 30 interviews (including with me) and that all comes after she's supposed to get up at 5:00 a.m. to perform her new song on 'Good Morning America.'
There were rumors floating around that the 'GMA' performance date may be rescheduled, but ABC confirmed to me and PopEater that it's going on as planned.
In any case, the singer-actress (and girlfriend to you-know-who) will be slowing things down to make sure she's healthy, and the guiding force behind this is her mom, Mandy.
"Selena's mom is amazing," a friend of the family tells me. "She doesn't want to be in the spotlight herself like so many other celebrity parents. Instead she just wants to make sure that her daughter remains normal while living such an extraordinary life."
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
- Filed under:
- Movie News -
- Music News -
- TV News -
- Exclusives -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
MORE ABOUT Selena Gomez
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Selena Gomez Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Breaking Bad's' Aaron Paul slams Toys R Us over recall
- Paris Hilton slammed by world famous DJ
- J.K. Rowling writes backstory for Potter character
- ?Constantine' star Matt Ryan is a super binge watcher
- Entertainment Geekly: How ?The Walking Dead' is ?Lord of the Rings'
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch try to walk like Beyonce
- ?Sons of Guns' Stars Arrested for Alleged Child Cruelty
- Bed Hopping, Backstabbing and More Drama in Store for 'General Hospital'!
- Harold Perrineau Joins the DC Universe as a Never-Before-Seen Character in 'Constantine'
- Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Cancelled After Sex Offender Reports; Tori Spelling Reflects From Hospital Bed: Top 5 Stories
- Casper Smart: It's "Hard" Being Looked at as Only Jennifer Lopez's Ex-Boyfriend
- Ed Sheeran "Feels Bad," Says He'll Apologize to Miley Cyrus After Calling Her a Stripper