Crystal Harris: 'It Was All Happening Too Fast'
Call it whatever you like -- cold feet, a fame-seeking strategy or a genuine reevaluation of a relationship -- but according to Crystal Harris, ditching fiance, Hugh Hefner nearly at the altar was the 'right thing to do.'
"It was mutual between Hef and I," Harris told Ryan Seacrest's KIIS-FM radio show. "There was no fight, we sat down and we talked about it."
With the Playboy Mansion backyard wedding just days away, Harris, 25, credits the intense media pressure surrounding the nuptials for her last minute decision to ditch the 85-year-old Lothario altogether.
But according to Harris, although Hefner was on the receiving end of the breakup, it was not his initial idea to even get married.
"He was just doing this wedding for me, he though that's what I wanted," she said. "We're both relieved."
Although we doubt that 'relief' would be the original Playboy's name-that-emotion of choice, Hefner did tweet that Harris' timing could have been worse: "The breakup is a heart breaker, but better now than after the marriage."
Upon news of the nixed nuptials, Lifetime was forced to cancel a two-hour documentary spot that was to let viewers share in the big day, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The added pressure of not only being Mrs. Hefner but also having her big day filmed may have been what pushed the bride-to-be over the edge.
"They were gonna air a show on it. It was all happening too fast for me."
A pace that many thought may have led Harris astray -- soon after the wedding was called off, reports that Harris was romancing another man behind Hefner's back caught wind. But according to the bombshell, there was never anyone else. And it was exactly that polygamous lifestyle that turned her off of the idea of a 'Playboy marriage.'
"Hef's lifestyle isn't the most normal lifestyle," she said. "This isn't the lifestyle for me, multiple girls all around, it's not the lifestyle I wanted."
Also on PopEater: Crystal Harris Drops Debut Single and Hugh Hefner on Same Day
Although Harris' revelation seems a little late in the making, according to the playmate, she and Hefner will remain on good terms.
"I feel happy and at peace that everything will be OK," she said. "I respect him more than anything, and we're still going to be really close."
Hefner has been quite vocal following the breakup, taking to his Twitter account to lay down the law when it comes to publications misrepresenting the breakup as well as to make light of his newly single status.
"Since we're not getting married on Saturday, I've scheduled a movie: "Runaway Bride." Seems appropriate," Hefner jokingly tweeted after previously having confirmed the couple's split via the social networking site.
And although Harris and Hefner will not be tying the knot this Saturday in front of 300 of their closest friends and family, they will be introduced as man and wife on Friday -- Harris' 'Mrs. Hefner' July Playboy cover went to press before Harris and Hefner called it quits.
The cover boasts a mostly nude Harris sporting Hugh Hefner's signature smoking jacket, captain's hat and pipe. The cover will hit newsstands with the headline, 'America's Princess: Introducing Mrs. Crystal Hefner.'
In the end, it looks like Hefner will be short one princess but we have no doubt that there are more than a few royal Playboy hopefuls willing to step up to the plate.
MORE ABOUT Hugh Hefner
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Hugh Hefner Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Glee Pays Tribute to Cory Monteith Again in Emotional "City of Angels" Episode
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Cleavage in Miami: See the Sexy Late Night Look!
- Matt and Amy Roloff, Little People, Big World Couple, Separating After 26 Years of Marriage
- Oscar Pistorius Murder Trial: Forensic Expert Says Athlete WAS On Stumps In Shooting, Demonstrates Possible Sequence Of Events
- Jerry Sandusky's Wife Makes Shocking Excuses For Child Molesting: Says ?He Showered With Kids,' But That's ?Generation He Grew Up In'
- High school students pay up to turn off Justin Bieber's music
- Alan Thicke to star in new reality show 'Unusually Thicke'
- Justin Bieber deposition: The 3 most humiliating moments, plus a zinger
- Taylor Swift Makes Amusing "For Your Consideration" Video for ACMs, "Confetti-Bombed" Her Brother
- Justin Bieber's Bratty Deposition Video Gets Remixed by Seth Meyers—Watch Now!
- Pablo Schreiber Returning to Law & Order: SVU for a Dangerous Confrontation With Mariska Hargitay's Benson