Fran Drescher Talks About Gay Ex-Husband on 'The View' (Video)
By AOL TV Editors Posted Jun 15th 2011 02:15AM
That's the story Fran Drescher told Tuesday on 'The View' about herself and her ex-husband, Peter Jacobson. And it's also the premise of her new sitcom, 'Happily Divorced.'
Drescher said on 'The View' that she did not know her husband was gay when they were married, she just thought he was metrosexual, which was trendy at the time. In hindsight, the advice on shoes and clothes may have been a tip-off.
When TVLand came to Drescher asking for ideas for a show, she thought her own story was a natural fit. "That's easy," she remembered saying. "That's got to be the relationship between myself, my gay ex-husband and the advice he gives me on my current boyfriend."
On the show, unlike in her real life, Drescher and her husband are forced to live together when they can't sell their house. She is hoping they can't sell it for about seven years, when they would be firmly in syndication.
Get more at Aol. TV >>
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian Dresses North in Skunk Costume; See How the Today Show Celebrated Halloween: Top 5 Stories
- Heidi Klum Dresses as a Butterfly for Annual Halloween Party -- See Her Crazy Costume Here!
- Kim Kardashian and North West Dress as Anna Wintour, Andre Leon Talley -- Plus, See Her Other Halloween Costumes!
- Tara Reid’s Skeletal Figure Scares Fans BEFORE She Puts On Halloween Costume!
- Demi Moore ‘Driving Mila Nuts,’ Wants Her To ‘Stay Away’ From Baby Wyatt ? Or Else!
- Judge Rules Amanda Bynes To Stay Under Conservatorship Until 2015, As Actress No-Show In Court
- Randy Bachman of The Guess Who & BTO keeps on takin' care of business
- Amanda Bynes released from psychiatric facility, slams parents in Twitter rant
- Country singer Jessie James Decker deletes Twitter account after ripping followers
- Happy Halloween! Check Out Kim Kardashian, Lea Michele, Justin Bieber and More Stars in Costume!
- Melanie Griffith on Who She'd Like to Date Next and Why She'll Never Watch Daughter Dakota Johnson in Fifty Shades of Grey
- Chris Brown Talks All Things Rihanna: The Assault, Their Relationship, Drake and More—Watch Now!