Fran Drescher Talks About Gay Ex-Husband on 'The View' (Video)
By AOL TV Editors Posted Jun 15th 2011 02:15AM
That's the story Fran Drescher told Tuesday on 'The View' about herself and her ex-husband, Peter Jacobson. And it's also the premise of her new sitcom, 'Happily Divorced.'
Drescher said on 'The View' that she did not know her husband was gay when they were married, she just thought he was metrosexual, which was trendy at the time. In hindsight, the advice on shoes and clothes may have been a tip-off.
When TVLand came to Drescher asking for ideas for a show, she thought her own story was a natural fit. "That's easy," she remembered saying. "That's got to be the relationship between myself, my gay ex-husband and the advice he gives me on my current boyfriend."
On the show, unlike in her real life, Drescher and her husband are forced to live together when they can't sell their house. She is hoping they can't sell it for about seven years, when they would be firmly in syndication.
Get more at Aol. TV >>
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Johnny Depp to Co-Star with 15-Year-Old Daughter Lily-Rose Depp in Upcoming Movie Yoga Hosers: Details
- Tom Cruise, Mission Impossible 5 Director Chris McQuarrie Take Multiple Ice Bucket Challenge for the Team
- Jessa Duggar, Ben Seewald Pose In Engagement Photo; Kourtney Kardashian Sleeps With Penelope and Mason: Top 5 Stories
- Shock: ISIS Beheads On Video American Journalist James Foley In A ‘Message To America'
- Alexis Arquette Claims She Had Sex With Jared Leto While Presenting As A Man
- Is The Feud Over? Lizzie Rovsek And Vicki Gunvalson ?Forgive' Tamra Barney ? But Rovsek Doesn't ?Foresee A Friendship'
- Metal rockers Motley Crue find welcome embrace in Nashville for country tribute album
- George Strait announces 'Rides Away' album
- NFL reportedly asking music acts to pay for playing Super Bowl halftime show
- Johnny Depp and Daughter Lily-Rose Team Up for New Film Yoga Hosers
- Terrence Jenkins, Catt Sadler and Jesse Giddings Get Soaked in Ice Bucket Challenge—Watch Now!
- Vin Diesel Poses Naked in Racy Shower Photo After Completing the Ice Bucket Challenge—Take a Look!