Maria Shriver Hides Anger, Puts Kids First
By Kiki Von Glinow Posted Jun 15th 2011 02:10PM
"While Maria may not have been as angry at Mildred as she was at Arnold, her instinct would be to protect her family," an inside source told People. "Whatever she did in the aftermath was about taking care of her kids, trying to shield them and trying to minimize the repercussions."
A task that, even though Baena told her entire side of the story to Hello! magazine, Shriver has kept to -- she has yet to comment on the magazine's tell all style story.
Adhering to the long Kennedy tradition of keeping your emotions in check, Baena recalls a graceful Shriver who, after confronting Baena about her husband's affair, picks the sobbing 'other woman' off the floor to embrace her.
"Maria asked me directly if Joseph was Arnold's son, and I just broke down," Baena said. "I dropped to my knees and I was crying, saying that yes he was and I was so sorry ... She was so strong. She cried with me and told me to get off my knees. We held each other and I told her it wasn't Arnie's fault, that it takes two."
But Baena's admission that her son, Joseph, was Schwarzenegger's biological child wasn't a fact that was always to clear to Baena or Schwarzenegger.
"Arnold's been providing for the kid ever since he found out he was the father, which was when the kid was a young child," the source continued. "He did not know when she was pregnant and perhaps not even until he was a toddler, but he knew when the boy was very young."
Thirteen-year-old Joseph seemed to be the only one who had not had suspicions that he looked oddly like his mother's 'The Terminator' boss. When Baena finally told Joseph, at the age of 13, that Schwarzenegger was his biological father, the young boy -- who was not able to graduate with his middle school class due to the media storm -- simply responded, "cool."
With the worst of a family's secrets now in the open, it seems as though the Schwarzenegger-Shriver-Baena group can finally begin to heal.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kristin Cavallari Cradles Baby Bump, Talks Pregnancy on Red Carpet: See the Picture
- Bill Beckwith Dead: Curb Appeal Co-Host Killed in Motorcycle Crash at 38
- Tom Daley, 19, Dating Dustin Lance Black, 39, "Doesn't Care What People Think" About Age Gap
- Autopsy Results Due, Rock Pays Homage: 5 New Developments In Paul Walker’s Death
- TV Chef Nigella Lawson Admits Cocaine Use, Testifies How Ex-Husband Charles Saatchi Threatened To ?Destroy' Her
- Kanye West & Kim Kardashian Eyeing Palace Of Versailles As Wedding Location
- New documentary ?Tricked' illuminates disturbing human trafficking culture in the US
- Hugh Jackman's 'Wolverine' available just in time for the holidays
- Co-host of HGTV's 'Curb Appeal' dies in San Francisco motorcycle crash
- House of Cards Season 2 Premiere Date Revealed! Plus, Netflix Releases First Smokin' Hot Promo—Watch
- Leona Lewis Laughs Off Headline That Says She "Likes to Get Drunk and Trash Hotel Rooms"
- Justin Bieber Given Ultimatum by Australian Mayor to "Clean Up" His Graffiti