Maria Shriver Hides Anger, Puts Kids First
By Kiki Von Glinow Posted Jun 15th 2011 02:10PM
"While Maria may not have been as angry at Mildred as she was at Arnold, her instinct would be to protect her family," an inside source told People. "Whatever she did in the aftermath was about taking care of her kids, trying to shield them and trying to minimize the repercussions."
A task that, even though Baena told her entire side of the story to Hello! magazine, Shriver has kept to -- she has yet to comment on the magazine's tell all style story.
Adhering to the long Kennedy tradition of keeping your emotions in check, Baena recalls a graceful Shriver who, after confronting Baena about her husband's affair, picks the sobbing 'other woman' off the floor to embrace her.
"Maria asked me directly if Joseph was Arnold's son, and I just broke down," Baena said. "I dropped to my knees and I was crying, saying that yes he was and I was so sorry ... She was so strong. She cried with me and told me to get off my knees. We held each other and I told her it wasn't Arnie's fault, that it takes two."
But Baena's admission that her son, Joseph, was Schwarzenegger's biological child wasn't a fact that was always to clear to Baena or Schwarzenegger.
"Arnold's been providing for the kid ever since he found out he was the father, which was when the kid was a young child," the source continued. "He did not know when she was pregnant and perhaps not even until he was a toddler, but he knew when the boy was very young."
Thirteen-year-old Joseph seemed to be the only one who had not had suspicions that he looked oddly like his mother's 'The Terminator' boss. When Baena finally told Joseph, at the age of 13, that Schwarzenegger was his biological father, the young boy -- who was not able to graduate with his middle school class due to the media storm -- simply responded, "cool."
With the worst of a family's secrets now in the open, it seems as though the Schwarzenegger-Shriver-Baena group can finally begin to heal.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart Fought About Her Affair, Jay-Z Says Beyonce Is Not Pregnant: Top 5 Stories
- Tori Spelling Turns 40, Shows Off Incredible Bikini Body in Mexico
- Jennifer Lawrence Gets Naked, Painted Blue as X-Men's Mystique
- Camille Grammer — Who Carries Same Cancer Gene As Angelina Jolie — Applauds Star For Encouraging Dialogue, Testing
- Justin Bieber's monkey 'Mally' to become German property
- Founding member of The Doors dies at 74, publicist says
- David Beckham announces retirement, who will take his place as sexiest athlete?
- Oklahoma Tornado: Celebs React to Devastation, Tweet Condolences and Ways to Help
- OMG TV Moments: Bates Motel's Shocking Finale Death, Hawaii Five-0's Emotional Exit and More!
- Justin Timberlake Shows Barack Obama Something on His Smartphone—See the Awesome Pic