Details About Prince William and Kate's California Trip Revealed
By Kelly Fisher Posted Jun 15th 2011 10:40AM
Prince William and Kate Middleton will get a taste of California life in July when they follow their Canadian trip with a stay in the Golden State. Details of what the Royal Couple will be doing on their visit have been scarce -- until now.
According to PEOPLE, the couple's three-day trip will begin on Friday, July 8, with a Consular-General Reception on behalf of United Kingdom Trade and Investment.
The couple will use their West Coast trip to focus "on supporting British interest in California through the prism of their own interests," an official spokesperson from St. James's Palace said.
The next day, William will hit the polo field at the Santa Barbara Polo Club, where he'll play a match to benefit the American Friends of the Foundation of Prince William and Prince Harry.
Later that night, the couple will attend a black-tie dinner to spotlight "up and coming British talent" in downtown Los Angeles. The event, which benefits the British Academy of Film and Television Arts, will be followed by a reception at the Belasco Theatre.
Finally, on Sunday, Will and Kate will stop by the Inner-City Arts School, and will attend the 'Service Nation: Mission Serve' job fair for veterans in Culver City before heading back to the UK.
The trip will be Will's first "official" visit to the States, although he's visited before privately. However, this it will be a brand new experience for Kate, who has never been to the U.S.
Though their schedule seems pretty packed, it's been reported that many celebrities are hoping for the chance to meet the Royal Couple, who captured the country's attention when they were married in April.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Reese Witherspoon keeps her hands in her pockets as she tries to stay warm while out in New York City on January 3rd.
MORE ABOUT Prince William
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Prince William Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bachelorette Andi Dorfman, New Fiance Josh Murray Talk Wedding Plans; Read Nick Viall's Emotional Letter to Andi: Top 5 Tuesday Stories
- Scarlett Johansson Debuts Short Pixie Haircut: Picture
- Nicole Richie Reveals the Easiest and Hardest Parts of Being Married to Joel Madden, Talks About Motherhood
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- 'Dancing with the Stars:' Maksim Chmerkovskiy won't return as a dancer
- 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' promotional tweet criticized for 9/11 resemblance
- 'Deadliest Catch's' Keith Colburn: Washington politics hurt my business
- A Scary Horse on Pretty Little Liars, Seven Minutes in Heaven (x3) on Finding Carter & More OMG TV Moments
- Billy Bob Thornton's Dream Jobs: Game of Thrones and...Saved by the Bell!
- Chloë Grace Moretz Doesn't Want Life To Be All About Relationships: "That's Not My Style"