Details About Prince William and Kate's California Trip Revealed
By Kelly Fisher Posted Jun 15th 2011 10:40AM
Prince William and Kate Middleton will get a taste of California life in July when they follow their Canadian trip with a stay in the Golden State. Details of what the Royal Couple will be doing on their visit have been scarce -- until now.
According to PEOPLE, the couple's three-day trip will begin on Friday, July 8, with a Consular-General Reception on behalf of United Kingdom Trade and Investment.
The couple will use their West Coast trip to focus "on supporting British interest in California through the prism of their own interests," an official spokesperson from St. James's Palace said.
The next day, William will hit the polo field at the Santa Barbara Polo Club, where he'll play a match to benefit the American Friends of the Foundation of Prince William and Prince Harry.
Later that night, the couple will attend a black-tie dinner to spotlight "up and coming British talent" in downtown Los Angeles. The event, which benefits the British Academy of Film and Television Arts, will be followed by a reception at the Belasco Theatre.
Finally, on Sunday, Will and Kate will stop by the Inner-City Arts School, and will attend the 'Service Nation: Mission Serve' job fair for veterans in Culver City before heading back to the UK.
The trip will be Will's first "official" visit to the States, although he's visited before privately. However, this it will be a brand new experience for Kate, who has never been to the U.S.
Though their schedule seems pretty packed, it's been reported that many celebrities are hoping for the chance to meet the Royal Couple, who captured the country's attention when they were married in April.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Reese Witherspoon keeps her hands in her pockets as she tries to stay warm while out in New York City on January 3rd.
MORE ABOUT Prince William
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Prince William Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Her Growing Baby Bump and Legs in Another Tight LBD -- See Her Chic Maternity Wear!
- Rachel Bilson Is Taking Full Maternity Leave, Jaime King Dishes on Hart of Dixie Costar's Baby Shower
- Minnie Driver: Parents Who Put Kids in Showbiz Are "Desperate and Conflicted"
- Animal Abuse? After Eviction, Jon Gosselin Abandons Tiny Kitten In Rental Home!
- Judge Denies Teresa Giudice's Halfway House Plea, Bureau Of Prisons To Determine Final Placement
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Chrissy Teigen criticized for tweets on Ottawa shooting
- In defense of Renee Zellweger's face
- Required Reading: Our Favorite Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Books Out Right Now
- Goodfellas Actor Frank Sivero Sues Fox for $250 Million Over Simpsons Character He Says Is Based on Him
- This Is What Happens When You Secretly Feed McDonald's to a Bunch of Health Nuts—Watch Now!