2011 MuchMusic Video Awards: Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez and Lady Gaga, Oh My!
By Chris Jancelewicz Posted Jun 19th 2011 11:00PM
When it was announced that teen sensation Selena Gomez would be co-hosting the 2011 MuchMusic Video Awards in Toronto, Canada, the first question on everyone's lips was: Will Justin Bieber join her? After all, Gomez is his girlfriend, and to boot, it is his home country.
The dreams of many a teenage fan were realized when Bieber stepped out of the limo -- unannounced -- onto the red carpet. Even better, when Bieber sauntered on stage to accept the award for Best International Video of the Year (with fellow Canadian Drake), he came face to face with his girlfriend for the world to see -- on live TV.
When Bieber and Drake were on stage, they awkwardly shuffled positions so that Bieber could stand next to Gomez. Bieber and Gomez moved their heads to look like they were going in for a kiss, but then they half-smiled and shook hands instead. You could almost hear the collective sigh from the audience -- though we're not sure if they wanted to see them kiss or not.
Gomez also shook off the endless illness rumors when she breathlessly performed her hit single 'Who Says' with her band The Scene. Looking very grown-up in a mini dress, Gomez shed her youthful image in exchange for an adult style.
MuchMusic Video Awards 2011
TORONTO, ON - JUNE 19: Nina Dobrev poses in the press room at the 22nd Annual MuchMusic Video Awards at the MuchMusic HQ on June 19, 2011 in Toronto, Canada. (Photo by George Pimentel/WireImage)
Completing the triad of teenage bliss was a knockout performance by Lady Gaga of her latest single, 'The Edge of Glory.' With the stage decked out to look like the side of a New York City building, Gaga swung and danced on the fake fire escapes in a sexy studded leather outfit and green wig. She also closed out the show with a performance of 'Born This Way,' after being "born" out of a fake plastic cocoon. (She also featured matching blue hair and armpit hair.)
Other artists who made appearances include Avril Lavigne, Snoop Dogg, Bruno Mars and Simple Plan.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Blue Ivy Smiles in Beyonce's Latest Cute Photo
- Anna Wintour's Style in the 1990s Will Change How You Look at the Vogue Editor Forever
- Prince William Throws Shade at Kate Middleton's "Nightmare" Hair -- Oh No, He Didn't!
- Theaters drop 'The Interview' despite government-approved ending
- 'Millionaire Hot Seat' contestant fails on first question
- Mark Wahlberg's former bodyguard said actor should not be pardoned for assault
- 24 Holiday Gift Ideas for the Kardashian Super Fan in Your Life
- Jennifer Aniston Returns to One of Her First Jobs for Dinner, Still Remembers Her Super Supportive Boss
- Miley Cyrus's Purple Tinsel, James Franco's Superhero Style and More Celebs Wearing Crazy Wigs—See the Wild Pics!