New 'Muppets' Trailer Leaks Online
By Christine Fenno Posted Jun 19th 2011 02:01PM
Fans of Jim Henson's furry family last saw them on the big screen in 2005's bizarre Muppet version of 'The Wizard of Oz,' co-starring Ashanti.
Since then, 'How I Met Your Mother' star Jason Segel has written his take on the genre, and it'll soon be time to play the music, and light the lights! The new plot has the old gang reuniting to save the old Muppet Theater, singing new music by Bret McKenzie of 'Flight of the Conchords.'
Co-starring Oscar nominee Amy Adams, 'The Muppets' will open Nov. 23.
A series of mock trailers (check out 'Green With Envy') have already been released, and although the official trailer for 'The Muppets' wasn't due to go public until Monday, the full clip surfaced online over the weekend.
Highlights include Miss Piggy in full diva mode, Fozzy Bear in shoes that fart (yes, that's right), an inevitable road trip and a very unfortunate muppet electrocution scene. All for laughs, of course.
For a trip down memory lane, revisit the first time Kermit became a movie star, in 1979's 'The Muppet Movie.'
- Filed under:
- Movie News
MORE ABOUT Amy Adams
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Amy Adams Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Rumer Willis is 'blown away' by her sister Tallulah's strength
- 'Breaking Bad's' Aaron Paul slams Toys R Us over recall
- Paris Hilton slammed by world famous DJ
- TV Ratings: 'Constantine' Makes a Solid Debut, World Series Continues
- Malco Theatres Exec on Adam Sandler's Netflix Deal: "Guess He Wants to Be a TV Star"
- Hollywood Reporter, NBC's Jennifer Salke Honored at Big Brothers Big Sisters Gala
EW.COMFEEDMore From EW.com Li
- Miles Teller, J.K. Simmons on 'Whiplash,' Drumming and Stoking Passion
- Wanted: Female Director for DC Comics 'Wonder Woman' Movie
- 'Whiplash' Director Damien Chazelle on His Film's Success and the Burdens of Drumming