Tone Loc Arrested for Domestic Violence
By Christine Fenno Posted Jun 19th 2011 09:35AM
The arrest, one day before Father's Day, stemmed from an alleged physical altercation with the mother of his child. According to TMZ, the 45- year-old West Coast rap star and voice actor was taken in, without incident, and booked at the local jail in a few hours. He is being held on a $50,000 bond.
Earlier this year, Tone Loc had another run-in with the law when he was spotted driving erratically in January and arrested for DUI. He was released on bail claiming a medical condition caused a seizure (the artist has collapsed onstage in seizure in the past).
Though best known for his 1980's hits 'Wild Thing' and 'Funky Cold Medina,' the four-time Grammy nominee with the uniquely gravelly voice has also taken acting roles in films such as 'Ace Ventura: Pet Detective' and TV series such as 'Touched by an Angel.'
Check out Tone Loc in a 1990's TV appearance (he stars opposite Phil Harman in the opening scene of this clip), as he dons a badge to enforce law and order around the offices of 'NewsRadio':
- Filed under:
- Music News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian's corset selfie raises questions: How dangerous is the practice of corseting?
- Chelsea Handler slams Instagram for removing her topless pic
- Peters Cooks ex-wife apologizes to Christie Brinkley for affair
- Shock Report: Why Mama June Really Wanted Anna to Join 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo'
- Amanda Bynes Released from Psych Hold, Spotted Alone on Sunset Blvd.
- Allison Sweeney Leaving ?Days of Our Lives' for ?General Hospital'? as a Director!
- Michael Strahan to Receive Pro Football Hall of Fame Ring of Excellence: See Exclusive Photos of Ring
- Ellen DeGeneres' Halloween Costume Revealed! Star Dresses as Amal Alamuddin
- Chelsea Handler Rants About Sexism After Instagram Deletes Topless Photo: "Are We in 1825?"