'The Glee Project' Cast-Off Ellis Talks Drama, Mentors
By Rae Votta Posted Jun 20th 2011 05:10PM
Each week PopEater will be chatting with eliminated contestants from Oxygen's new show, 'The Glee Project,' a reality series with a 7-episode arc on the hit show 'Glee' on the line. We talked with second-to-go Ellis Wylie, about her road to the show, who her favorite guest judge was and what's next for her career.
How did you end up on 'The Glee Project?'
I came home from college and my dad had left a newspaper clipping
You experienced both Darren Criss and Idina Menzel as guest judges, who was more exciting for you?
Darren is a sweetheart, but I worshiped Idina since I was 12-years-old. My mom took me to see 'Wicked' and I turned to her and said, "I want to be her." Our jaws just dropped when she walked into the room. I died a little bit.
It was rough, I'd never been anywhere where something I said offended people. I was working hard on changing it that week. I think the only reason I was eliminated was the drama. I was one of Idina's favorites, and when I went in for Ryan to sing and the only thing he wanted to talk about was negativity I knew I was done for.
Did the guys have the same sort of drama as the girls seemed to have?
No! The guys had no drama. It was all bromance, always cuddling in bed together. I went in naive and expected us all to be best friends, I was not used to the drama.
Who do you want to win?
I don't know if I can say who would be best for the show, but Morgan is great and Alex has an incredible range and Damien has his Irish charm.
Any fun experiences with 'Glee' fans?
Well I have a few haters, but I ignore them. Some kid asked me out online the other day, so that was flattering.
What's next for you?
I'm going to school in Chicago, hopefully getting to spend some time in NY and LA working on music.
You can catch 'The Glee Project' Sundays on Oxygen at 9 ET.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Tyler Perry, Jimmy Fallon Have Jumping Drones Race: Watch the Video!
- Beyonce Shows off Her Tiny Waist in White Bikini, Cuddles up with Jay-Z
- Couple Leaves Waiter a $100 Tip for Bad Service; See George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin's First Wedding Photo: Top 5 Stories
- ?Dog The Bounty Hunter's' Son's GF Caught Up In Racist Scandal After Posting Anti-Asian Comments On Instagram
- What's On? Seven Day TV And Soaps Guide ? This Week's Best Bets And Soaps
- See The Fab And Drab From This Week's Celebrity Fashion Selection
- Tracy Morgan 'can't believe' Walmart blaming him in deadly traffic accident
- Unrelated celebrity twins
- Anne Hathaway: Fame messed me up