Has Tracy Morgan 'Gone Overboard' With the Apologies?
By Rob Shuter Posted Jun 20th 2011 08:13AM
Ever since Tracy Morgan shocked fans with a homophobic rant during a stand-up show in Nashville earlier this month, the '30 Rock' star has been trying to make amends. Really trying to make amends.
He has partnered with the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) in its efforts to combat anti-gay bullying, visited homeless gay youth, and even met with Elke Kennedy, whose 20-year-old son Sean was killed in 2007 in an anti-gay hate crime, leading some in the joke-making community to wonder when is enough enough?
"Tracy Morgan's gone overboard," 'The View' and HLN host Joy Behar said on Twitter last week. "First he apologized and did a PSA. Now he supports gay marriage. What's next, a quiet weekend with Barney Frank?"
And Joy isn't alone in her thinking. "Tracy has been highjacked by the gay movement. He did a stupid thing and now has ended up as the poster child for gay rights. This isn't a position anyone ever thought he would end up in," one NBC insider tells me unwilling to go on the record fearing that GLAAD would target him.
And don't expect Tracy's apology-athon to end any time soon. Today the comedian is traveling to Tennessee with GLAAD to issue what a member calls a "big statement."
What do you think of Tracy's efforts? Should his apology be accepted or should he continue to prove himself everyday? Tune in today at 10:00 p.m. to 'The Joy Behar Show' on HLN, where I will be discussing all the hottest topics in entertainment with Joy.
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lauren Conrad Kisses William Tell in Gorgeous New Wedding Photo: See Her Couture Gown!
- Kaley Cuoco Officially Debuts Blonder, Shaggier Pixie Cut on Jimmy Kimmel Live
- Teresa Giudice Gets Thrown In Nicole Napolitano's Line of Fire on Upcoming Real Housewives of New Jersey: Exclusive Clip
- Nicole Kidman & Husband Keith Urban Bid Farewell To Her Father Antony At His Sydney Funeral, Sing Duet Of ‘Amazing Grace’
- Nicole Kidman, Keith Urban Bid Farewell To Her Father Antony With Vivid Memories, Duet Of ?Amazing Grace,' As Russell Crowe Lends Support As Pallbearer
- Booty Battle! Jennifer Lopez & Iggy Azalea Shake Their Bottoms In New Music Video
- Gerard Depardieu says he can drink 12-14 bottles of wine a day
- Out of their league: Ugly guys who date bombshells
- James Franco tells AOL to stop censoring his work
- Nashville Premiere Sneak Peek: Rayna Decides Who She's Going to Marry—Does She Pick Luke or Deacon? Watch Now!
- Téa Leoni Finally Addresses David Duchovny Divorce: "I Don't Know How I Could Ever Hate Him"
- First iPhone 6 Owner Drops It on Live TV; Perth Man Was "in a Panic to Get It Open"—Watch Now!