Has Tracy Morgan 'Gone Overboard' With the Apologies?
By Rob Shuter Posted Jun 20th 2011 08:13AM
Ever since Tracy Morgan shocked fans with a homophobic rant during a stand-up show in Nashville earlier this month, the '30 Rock' star has been trying to make amends. Really trying to make amends.
He has partnered with the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) in its efforts to combat anti-gay bullying, visited homeless gay youth, and even met with Elke Kennedy, whose 20-year-old son Sean was killed in 2007 in an anti-gay hate crime, leading some in the joke-making community to wonder when is enough enough?
"Tracy Morgan's gone overboard," 'The View' and HLN host Joy Behar said on Twitter last week. "First he apologized and did a PSA. Now he supports gay marriage. What's next, a quiet weekend with Barney Frank?"
And Joy isn't alone in her thinking. "Tracy has been highjacked by the gay movement. He did a stupid thing and now has ended up as the poster child for gay rights. This isn't a position anyone ever thought he would end up in," one NBC insider tells me unwilling to go on the record fearing that GLAAD would target him.
And don't expect Tracy's apology-athon to end any time soon. Today the comedian is traveling to Tennessee with GLAAD to issue what a member calls a "big statement."
What do you think of Tracy's efforts? Should his apology be accepted or should he continue to prove himself everyday? Tune in today at 10:00 p.m. to 'The Joy Behar Show' on HLN, where I will be discussing all the hottest topics in entertainment with Joy.
► Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Here Comes Honey Boo Boo's Mama June Denies Dating Sex Offender, Says They Split 10 Years Ago
- Tori Spelling Tweets Photo From Hospital Bed, Reflects on Personal Relationships: "1 Person Will Never Be There 4 Me"
- Kristen Bell Gets Interviewed By Child Prodigies Elias and Zion Phoenix, Reveals Her Favorite Part About Frozen's Princess Anna -- Watch!
- Mama June Denies Reports She's Dating Pedophile Ex Mark McDaniel, Points Fans To Radar's Coverage
- Kim Kardashian Promises Us That North Will Have to Work
- Dina Lohan to Appear on ‘Millionaire Matchmaker’
- ?King David' movie in the works at Warner Bros.
- Rapper arrested for allegedly beating up a porn star
- Costar reportedly accuses Reese Witherspoon of stealing 'Into the Wild' props